cancel
Showing results for 
would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Is the any reason why I can't set up my TT hub prior to going live?

5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted
FritzCT
Problem Solver

So my go live date is the 17th September.

Is there any reason why I cannot/ should not set up the router prior to that date?

I'm talking about changing the router password/ setting up the wi-fit network/ reserving IP addresses and whatever else I may want to tinker with.

I appreciate that I will not be able to connect to the internet until it's live so just an ethernet cable from the lappy to the router.

Fritz

Highlighted
martswain
Philosopher
The only issue there could be is whether the latest firmware is loaded to the router you have received.

You can change settings, but when you connect after going live, a subsequent firmware update could change things again.
Martin
Highlighted
hosay299
Insightful One

Hi @FritzCT ok so u moving to fibre b/b i would wait till the day and ur account online shows u have gone live as it will help with any changes.

also to remember that for the 1st 11 days after go live ur speed will go up and down also ur profile will change a bit.

i would wait for 14 days just to get the speed right and let the system get sorted.

as i could be some time u find a issue and would not help the change u have done.

Hope that help Joe R If so then give me a Kudos ( Click the Thumb up Button)
Highlighted
martswain
Philosopher
Absolutely NO reason to wait, you can set up your WiFi and any network devices prior to the internet service going live.

It will make absolutely NO difference to what happens during the initial stabilisation period, that is determined by the Openreach DLM system, not any customised settings you have in your router.
Martin
Highlighted
FritzCT
Problem Solver

Thanks chaps...

I can't see any of my planned changes affecting the DLM though. I'm only going to be changing the LAN side.

Incidentally, can we manually flash the latest firmware? If so does anyone know where I can download it?

Fritz

Highlighted
martswain
Philosopher
Firmware only updates over your connection, it cannot be downloaded separately.
Martin