Did you mean: 
Need help?

Is this availble for me

7 REPLIES 7
Highlighted
Participant

https://www.talktalk.co.uk/shop/broadband/gfast

Faster 150MB fibre for £28 per month.

My contract with talktalk ends on 7th August 2019. I it possible to go on to 150MB for £28 per month.

2019-07-05_www.talktalk.co.uk.png

Highlighted
Participant

I can get this on BT but they charge £39.99 per month.

Community Star

Hi @san45 

G.fast Ultrafast broadband is available in some areas from TalkTalk. Go to the G.fast page, scroll down and enter your post code in the box and select the Check Availability button.

More information.

Gondola - Volunteer 2017-2020

To appreciate my help . . . If I offered a solution Best Answer

Highlighted
Participant

I have tried this but it goes through checking and does not say if available or not.

I have spoken to someone on chat, they said they don't offer this speed (150MB).

Can someone provide a UK phone number who I can call who can provide answer.

This service is available as I have checked BT and EE but there prices are high.

Highlighted
Participant

I am on fibre with talktalk, I hope I can get the above.  Uswitch are doing virgin media 108MB for £27. If I leave Talktalk and go Virgin for 12 months and afterward come back to fibre provider, is it difficult, I may have pay installation for fibre?

Highlighted
Community Star

...as I mentioned, the service is not available from TalkTalk at every location where BT Openreach have installed G.fast pods / cabinets. The services made available to BT Retail and the BT owned EE aren't necessarily available right now to TalkTalk.

More information has the locations known to have TalkTalk availability. Which town are you in?

Use the Availability checker, put your postcode in, select your address if prompted and if G.fast is available you'll see a message "Fantastic, you can get next level speeds at your address
Call 0800 049 2326 to speak with one of our dedicated advisors"

Highlighted
Participant

Checking the TalkTalk location it is not available.

Highlighted
Community Star

Hi san45 

The recent annual report from TalkTalk includes this:

 In FY19 we launched Fibre for Everyone, a cross-group initiative to ensure we are well positioned to benefit from existing and future Fibre demand. In the short term, that means migrating a greater proportion of our base onto FTTC services and ensuring TalkTalk is a fast adopter of products such as Single Order Generic Ethernet Access (SOGEA) and G.Fast.  

So, there is an expectation that TalkTalk will take up the options on G.Fast when they can to be able to extend the offers on Faster 150 Fibre and Faster 300 Fibre.