Did you mean: 
Need help?

Is this the worst days work....

6 REPLIES 6
Highlighted
First Timer

Hi Guys

I'm after some advice

I don't know if settings are in-correct but ever since signing up to G-fast broadband i have the below issues

All i repeatedly get from technical is that your equipment is old... well why diddnt i have any issue at all before upgrading

There is only the wife & me and the biggest download by far we do is the occasional you tube but all we continually get is

• The broadband just keeps dropping out, time after time, that is with a single piece of equipment connected or multiple. Yo can have PC & Laptop connected and as one drops out, so does the other. Even Alexa does it which was installed at Christmas
  • We are not getting the guaranteed min of 104mbps..slightly off at 92-95 but still not the guaranteed figure, and this has been checked on several devices both wired & wi-fi
  • Buffering...all we see is continual buffering and the bloody "wheel of doom"...going round and round!!. again we never had this before

Are me settings correct or is there something else amiss.... i need to get this sorted because if i cant i need to cancel whilst still in the cooling off period

Many thanks

Highlighted
Community Star

Sorry to hear that you are having problems. If you would like the online support team to look into this for you make sure that your personal details including TalkTalk landline number are complete on your community profile here so that they can link your forum identity with your account and then wait for them to respond.

Community Team

Hi Olympus, if you can add your landline number to your profile I'll be happy to take a look at this for you and get you out a new router if necessary.

Ady

Highlighted
First Timer

Thanks I'll update my profile

Highlighted
Community Team

Hi Olympus

Thanks for updating your profile. Line test is failing so I've raised this as a non-appointed task to Openreach. If you don't hear anything over the weekend can you bump the thread on Monday and we'll check for updates

Thanks

Chris

Highlighted
First Timer

Many thanks Chris, will do

Regards

Malc

Highlighted
Community Team