cancel
Showing results for 
would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Issue with Service Centre not been able to identify my router or its software version

14 REPLIES 14
Highlighted
Popular Poster

Hello,

Last week I upgraded my broadband subscription to Faster Fibre with Fibre Speed Boost included .
The router has not updated the firmware yet. It's currently on version SG4K10002808t and also on my Account under Package details / Your flexible Broadband boosts it shows Fibre Speed Boost in Red. Any help with this would be appreciated.

Highlighted
Popular Poster

Additional Information,

Received the new Hub and connected it up with all cables supplied.
Connection drops once or twice around 9pm every day (except the weekend i think it was up longer than 24 Hours) this is the only time it disconnects.
Each time the new connection sync speed has increased slightly 49 to 52 Mbps in small steps. Not sure if it's meant to be like this but it's always the same as the max Rate.  
Apart from that. the connection has been really good
Download and Upload speed tests have been consistent at 48 Mbps over WiFi.

Highlighted
Community Team - TT Staff

Hi James729,

I'm sorry for the delay and I'll take a look now. I've run a test on the line which hasn't detected a fault, however I can see some re-connections on the line. Is the voice service ok with no noise on the line? Does your master socket have a test socket?

Thanks

Highlighted
Philosopher

@James729 

Just for information, it took the system 3 days to recognise my change of router model !

Martin
Highlighted
Popular Poster

Hi, 

The phone line sounds clear to me with the Dial Tone.

Can't see it has a test socket just have a standard phone socket with a micro filter plugged into this.

Highlighted

Hi James729

Your router has the latest firmware version, sometimes it can take a couple of days for the service status to update.

What speed are you receiving if you run a wired speed test?

Thanks

Debbie

Highlighted
Popular Poster

Just run 3 wired speed tests 48.3 Mbps download and 18.8 upload. 

It's just short of minimum guaranteed speed of 51.6mb but expected sum drop off.

It has been stable since my go live date 18/02.

Highlighted

Hi James729

Thanks for your reply.

Your line is showing in sync at 51.8mb.

There are re connections showing on the line which can affect the sync speed. Is the connection dropping or have you rebooted the router?

Thanks

Debbie

Highlighted
Popular Poster

hi Debbie,

The Hub is dropping the connection, mostly every evening around the same time.

Is it supposed to do this to change the sync speed? because its new  

when it drops its back on about 20 seconds.

I turned it off briefly once last week to move the plug. It's been left on since. 

Highlighted
Popular Poster

I looked at the logs on the hub at the times of drop connections and this message corresponds to them. 

The WAN DHCP client process has successfully been terminated on Vlan 36

Highlighted

Hi James729,

How many telephone sockets do you have? Do you have anything connected to your telephone sockets in addition to your router?

Is your router situated close to other devices that could be causing interference?

Chris

Highlighted
Popular Poster
Hi Chris,
The connection up-time resets every 24h is this normal for the first couple of weeks ?
I moved the hub to a different room on Saturday so it's not with other devices sharing the same power plug.
Setup is now Master phone socket - phone line extension cable - Micro filter - hub and phone.
Highlighted

Hi James,

Yes it can be normal for the connection to drop every 24 hours initially as DLM makes adjustment to your line profile which will cause a disconnection

How has it been since your relocated your router?

If you have an extension socket, do you have anything connected to it?

Chris

Highlighted
Popular Poster
Hi Chris,
the router seems to be fine now. The connection did reset early in the morning again, its probably the dlm then.
Its a bit slower being further away but i'll leave it in place for now to stabilize and rule out any issues with the master socket.
The end of the socket extension has the phone and router going to it.

Thank you all for your help.
Highlighted

Hi James

Keep an eye on things, and if the line does become unstable, please let us know.

Regards

Karl.

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

STAY HOME      -      PROTECT THE NHS      -      SAVE LIVES