Did you mean: 
Need help?

It's happening again - slow speed and disconnections

ANSWERED
12 REPLIES 12
Highlighted
Conversation Starter

Hi,

Back in June I raised a problem of disconnections. After two Openreach visits and a new router this appeared to have improved, albeit with a drop in speed. More recently speed appeared to have got back close to where it should be so I marked the thread as solved.

Thread is here: Disconnections between 7 & 8 am 

I've noticed that disconnections have started again, not as regularly though. This morning it's been freezing from time to time but without actually disconnecting, and looking at the sync speed on the router right now it's right down at 14.87 Mpbs (from 36 when I first signed up for fibre)

Can an OCE advise how I can get back to a fast, stable connection? My neighbour some doors away had these kinds of problems with TalkTalk and has just switched to Vodafone, he's getting a stable 40Mbps now. We are on the same cabinet.

Thanks

Highlighted
Community Team - TT Staff

Hi Lazy Musician

I'm really sorry to hear this.

I've completed a line test which hasn't detected any faults and I can see some re connections on the line.

Is the router connected at the test socket?

As the line tests are clear then the next step will be to arrange an Openreach engineer visit to the property.

Thanks

Debbie

Highlighted
Conversation Starter

Hi @OCE_Debbie thanks for your reply.

Yes the router is still plugged into the test socket, I haven't touched anything since the last set of issues.

Let me know what we need to do to arrange an Openreach visit to the house.

thanks

Highlighted

Hi,

I'm just sending you a Private Message to confirm some details so we can arrange the engineer visit for you.

Thanks

Highlighted
Conversation Starter

Thanks, I've replied.

I don't know if it helps but there is something odd between what the router thinks and what the service centre in My Account thinks (these screenshots are within a few seconds of each other):

Screenshot_2020-09-14 Service Status.pngScreenshot_2020-09-14 dashboard__connected_.png

Highlighted

Hi Lazy Musician,

Thanks for the PM, I've replied requesting a little more information

Chris

Highlighted
Conversation Starter

Have answered 🙂

Highlighted

OK thanks. Just booking the engineer now, I'll let you know when it's booked 🙂

Highlighted

Hi Lazy Musician,

I've booked the engineer for tomorrow afternoon - September 16 2020, 13:00-18:00 - please let us know how you get on

Thanks

Chris

Highlighted
Conversation Starter
Solution

Hi, the engineer came as scheduled.

He's replaced the master socket and fiddled around with the cable outside, reset the connection and now the router is sync'd at 39 Mbps. Great! He says it might slow down a bit but sgould be easily within the estimated range.

I'll keep a eye on it but looking good 👍

Thanks for all your help,

cheers

LM

Highlighted

That's great news, thanks for the update 🙂

Chris

Highlighted
Conversation Starter

OK - seems like line has been stable for 4 days now, speed hasn't dropped below 39 Mbps, I think we are all set! 😄

Thanks for your help

Highlighted

No problem, thanks for letting me know 🙂

Chris