cancel
Showing results for 
would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Just done a test on my internet saying there is a fault but talk talk say no fault

92 REPLIES 92
sharky110
Chat Champion

My internet is not working  properly  been on chat with them they do tests say my usage is high I am only running when they did the test one phone and streaming BBC I player how can that be high usage all they wanted to do to fix the problem was send me another router told them just had new router so they y they can send an engineer  if I pay for it I thought talk talk were ment to provide me a service also I ran a check on my service saying a fault talk talk check and there is now fault  how does that work  any hep please guys

Kieran
Divsec
Community Star
Hi Kieran,what is the nature of the fault?
Regards Divsec, I don't work here, know little, and have too many opinions.
sharky110
Chat Champion

@Divsec it was saying there was a problem  with  the speed   

Kieran
Divsec
Community Star
Hi Kieran thanks, just wondering have you done the usual, router reboot, checked the phone line for noise?
sharky110
Chat Champion

@Divsec no I will check it shortly main thing was how can talk talk chat say no fault when a fault  is picked up my end 

Kieran
Divsec
Community Star
Hi Kieran, can't answer your question without being rude to the chat people:-) Suffice it to say that if you do have an issue the team will work hard to resolve it for you.
sharky110
Chat Champion

@Divsec thanks mate I'm waiting for the team to help me but thanks hopefully the team will get back to me onwards from Monday 

Kieran
Community Team

Hi sharky110,

I've run a couple of line tests, they're not showing a fault, could you explain what you mean when you say your Internet is not working properly?

Chris

sharky110
Chat Champion

@OCE_Chris hi it said something to do with speed but what I said on live chat all they did was offer me a new router I told them only just had one then he offered me an engineer  that I would have to pay for how is that helping me talk talk customer service

Kieran
sharky110
Chat Champion

@OCE_Chris hi I've just done a test my end it says my broadband  connection  could be better 

Kieran
Community Team

There's a few reconnections showing on the 9th but pretty stable since, so does it say this when you run a speed test?

Chris

sharky110
Chat Champion

@OCE_ChrisJust done a speed test ping 15  download 31.67 upload 8.02  just tried  to update software on my tv not talk talk it's saying internet not connected to server I will try another test my end and send you pics of results

Kieran
Community Team

Hi sharky110,

How is the TV connected? Wired or wireless?

Thanks

sharky110
Chat Champion
Community Team

If the Youview box loses it's connection to the internet then you should get a warning at the top of the screen saying there's no internet connection. When you watch iPlayer do you watch it via the app on the TalkTalk Youview box?

Chris

sharky110
Chat Champion

@OCE_Chris yes that is correct my signal quality has gone down on this new you view box 51% on old box was 100%the quality

Kieran
Community Team

If you have a smart TV do you have the option to run iPlayer directly through an app on the TV rather than the app on the Youview box?

Chris

sharky110
Chat Champion
Community Team

Great, could you give that a try to see if it runs OK

Chris

sharky110
Chat Champion