cancel
Showing results for 
would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Just done a test on my internet saying there is a fault but talk talk say no fault

sharky110
Chat Champion

[removed as pings and traces not completed correctly]

Kieran
sharky110
Chat Champion

[removed as pings and traces not completed correctly]

Kieran
Community Team

Hi sharky110,

Not sure what's gone on there. I'll remove the posts as you have your IP Address mixed up in there. 

Don't bother with the pings and traces, I'll ask our network team to take a look at this for you 

Can you bump the thread tomorrow and we'll check for updates

Thanks
Chris

sharky110
Chat Champion

@OCE_Chris thanks so you want me to send you a message  tomorrow  for an update yes

Kieran
Community Team
sharky110
Chat Champion

@OCE_Chris hi have you got any updates from network team yet please

Kieran
Community Team

Hi sharky110,

I'll chase this up for you and let you know when I get an update

Chris

Community Team

Hi sharky110,

Just a quick update, not received anything back from our Network team yet but I'll let you know when I do

Thanks

Chris

sharky110
Chat Champion
Community Team

Hi sharky110,

Our network team have asked if you can first of all switch your router off for 30 minutes and then run one wired and one wireless speed test at least 15 minutes apart. Can you make sure that the device that you run the speed test on is the only device connected to the internet at the time

Thanks

Chris

sharky110
Chat Champion
Community Team

Hi sharky110 

Thank you, please let us know how you get on.

Debbie

sharky110
Chat Champion

@OCE_Chris @OCE_Debbie  hi just done test as per your instructions  talk talk test wired test  ping 14 download  37 upload 7.1,      15 minutes  later ping 14 download  37.1 upload 7.0.     

I also did a speed test on oakla   wired test was ping 22 download 37.09 upload 7.60 wireless test ping 31 download 36.70 upload 7.95  I will wait to hear from you

Kieran
Community Team

Hi sharky110,

Thanks for trying this. The speed test results look ok as the throughput speeds are usually around 80% of the sync speed. Is the performance of the connection ok at the moment?

Thanks

sharky110
Chat Champion

@OCE_Michelle not connected  everything  back up yet so not sure 

Kieran
Community Team

Hi sharky110,

Ok, please let us know how the connection compares over the next 24-48hrs.

Thanks

sharky110
Chat Champion
Community Team
sharky110
Chat Champion

@OCE_Michelle Hi still the same I'm afraid think it improved for a couple of hours then back to how it was 

Kieran
Community Team

Hi sharky110,

I'm sorry to hear this. The line test has now detected a potential fault. Is the router currently turned on? Is the voice service ok? Do you have a dial tone?

Thanks