cancel
Showing results for 
would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Just done a test on my internet saying there is a fault but talk talk say no fault

sharky110
Wizz Kid

@OCE_Michelle Hi router turned lights flashing green phone line working but noisey

Kieran
Community Team

Hi sharky110,

Can you connect to the internet at the moment? What type of noise are you experiencing? Crackle/hiss/buzz/etc? Is the noise present at the test/master socket with 2 different phones and with all other devices removed from the line?

As soon as we've confirmed this then we'll pass this straight over to our Network Team for further investigation.

Thanks

sharky110
Wizz Kid

@OCE_Michelle  hi hust tried the phone unplugged internet made call with two different phones no noise plugged internet back made another call noise crackling I can connect  to internet but intermittent connection dropping in out same as before does not open all web pages properly  what is it saying the problem is your end 

Kieran
Community Team

Hi sharky110,

I've passed this back to our network team for further investigation. If you don't hear anything later today can you bump the thread again tomorrow

Thanks

Chris

sharky110
Wizz Kid
Community Team
Community Team

Hi sharky110

Our network have said that the next step will be to arrange an engineer visit to investigate further, to do this can you confirm:

• That you accept potential Engineers charges
  • Provide availability, either AM (8am to 1pm) or PM (1pm to 6pm) between Monday to Friday.

I've PM'd you to confirm some other details

Thanks

Chris

sharky110
Wizz Kid

@OCE_Chris Hi why would there be engineer  charges am would be best but I don't want to pay  engineer  charges

Kieran
Community Team

Hi sharky110,

Thanks for the PM, I've replied requesting a bit more information 

Thanks
Chris

Community Team
Community Team

Hi sharky110,

Our network team have booked the engineer visit for Friday 25/01 AM (08:00-13:00) - please let us know how you get on

Thanks

Chris

sharky110
Wizz Kid

@OCE_Chris  hi Chris engineer checked boxed found fault there is no fibre port in the box he is going back to talk talk to get authorisation to put one on once talk talk do this by open reach will fit it so hopefully it will get sorted soon,in my opinion looks like i have not been getting fibre from when i started with talk talk no wonder my internet has never been working properly also i have recently lost recordings from my tv today set to record but not recorded not a happy bunny at the moment 

Kieran
Community Team

Hi sharky110,

I'm sorry to hear this. Did the engineer advise when this work would be completed? If not then we can request an update from our Network Team.

Thanks

sharky110
Wizz Kid

@OCE_Michelle  no he said he had to get talk talk to authorise this work that all I know but why was there not a fibre port already if I was supposed to be on fibre 

Kieran
Community Team

Hi sharky110,

Ok, I've requested an update now and will let you know as soon as I know more.

Thanks

sharky110
Wizz Kid

@OCE_Michelle  ok thanks can you also find out why there was no fibre port in box 

Kieran
Community Team

Hi sharky110,

I've now received an update to advise that although fibre looks active from our side the fibre order has never fully completed. Our Network Team have advised that in order to resolve this we would need to complete a cease and re-provide. They have advised that will result in a 14-21 down time from the date the cease completes and we would need to replace the order again. 

I'm really sorry about this. Would you like me to raise this as a complaint to our CEO's Office so they can manage this for you and look into this further?

Thanks

sharky110
Wizz Kid

@OCE_Michelle  yes i would like you to raise as a complaint what is the down time and when will i finaly get my proper broadband service 

Kieran
Community Team

Hi sharky110,

Our Network Team said it would be 14-21 days downtime but we need to confirm that you're happy to go ahead with this. I'll raise the complaint now and you should be contacted within up to 5 days working days to discuss this further. Just to confirm, you do still have a working service at the moment right?

Thanks

sharky110
Wizz Kid

@OCE_Michelle yes i do want to go ahead with this i have service but it is not fully working properly  i keep losing connection my tv is not working properly i have lost recordings when i went to watch them they are not there I have also lost channels, i am using more data on my phone because the internet  is not working properly i have been complaining about simce i started with talk talk this is the third tv box i am on alsothis is the second router i have had 

Kieran