cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

LOYAL Customer For 2 Years. Internet CANCELLED and SHOCKING Customer Service.

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
First Timer

So, myself and my partner have been with talktalk now for over 2 years at our current address. We requested a home move to go live on 01/04. Due to the covid-19 outbreak, we cannot move to our new home until told otherwise. We awoke on 31/03 to find that our broadband was not working so after hours of trying we finally managed to get in contact with the talktalk call centre to explain our home move situation. We told them that we want our services back up and running at our current address and to cancel the services due to go live the next day at the new address. After speaking to a manager we were told our broadband would be working again within 24 hours.

Well 24 hours passed and still no broadband. Again, after hours of trying we finally got past the answering machine and through to the call centre. We were then told that our services have been cancelled at both addresses and there is nothing that can be done, appalling! We were instructed to open a new account online and take out a new package as that was our only way of getting internet.

I created a new account and bought a new package but I am seeing that our live date isn't until 15th April. There is no way we can wait that long. We both work from home and are unable to do so without any broadband connection. My partner is a civil servant and works for the department of health and social care but is unable to do her important work. I cannot believe that after 2 years of being with TalkTalk we are being treated like this. To have our connection completely cancelled and told there is nothing that can be done is an outrage. Not to mention that we have already paid our bill for the dates between 08/03 to 07/04 meaning you are in breach of the contract! 

I am sick of trying to get through to someone at the call centre as it is taking up hours and hours of my time. I must have this issue resolved urgently. I have spoken to someone I know at OpenReach and they tell me you can switch my connection back on quite easily so why is this not being done?!

Current account: 01614657708

New account: 01618791297

Jordan
Highlighted
Community Team - TT Staff

Hi @JordanCain I have passed this onto the team to take a look for you. Someone will be in touch to help ASAP. We’re working through a very large queue with a reduced support team at the moment, so we really appreciate your patience 😊 Thank you.

Highlighted
Community Manager - TT Staff

close as a duplicate post

Stephen, Community Manager

Our latest Blog l Share your Ideas l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars l Set your preferences

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.