cancel
Showing results for 
would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Large ping fluctuation over multiple PCs both on wired and wireless connections.

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
CCOOPER4
First Timer

Hi,

I am having a real problem with my broadband ping.  Regularly my ping will shoot up to ~ 300ms or higher then return to normal and repeat again.

This is a constant issue that occurs everyday regardless of the time.  

I have tried resetting my router - even left it off over night to see if the problem rectified itself.  Likewise I have left the router on for a full 3 weeks to see if it would stabilise but it has not.

The download and upload speed are normal but the ping is being a real issue for my work - any remote connections I have open are very laggy and mouse clicks end up clicking unintended items.  This occurs over both wired and wireless connections, I have even tried bringing a laptop down beside the router on a 5m ethernet cable but still the problem persists.

I have attached an example of a ping test to show this problem.

ping test.PNG

Any help would be appreciated!

Thanks

Chris

Chris Cooper
Highlighted
Community Team

Hi CCOOPER4,

Can you please update your community profile to include your:

• Name
  • Telephone number
  • Alternative contact number

We'll then look into this further. Please do not post this information on this thread Once you've updated your profile please post in your topic to confirm it's updated. 

Thanks

Highlighted
CCOOPER4
First Timer

Hi Michelle,

Thank you for your response.  I have updated the information requested on my profile.

Thank you for looking into this issue.

Kind regards,

Chris

Chris Cooper
Highlighted
Community Team

Hi Chris,

Thanks. I've run a test on the line which hasn't detected a fault and the connection stats also look ok. Just to confirm, does it seem to happen at certain times of the day?

Could you run a wired ping and trace route when the connection is ok and also when you experience the high pings and post the results into the thread.

Run a Ping or Traceroute

Thanks