Showing results for 
would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Less than guranteed speed on fiber

39 REPLIES 39
Highlighted
Team Player

Hi, I am on Faster Fibre package was gurateed speed of 18mbps. Its even stated in documents which I got in the beginning from talktalk.

I never received this speed despite complaining some hundred times. Talktalk has always sent a new router, more than dozen BT engineer visits but no one seems to understand where the issue is,.

Can you please help as now current speed is 4Mbps and I cannot stream anything.

May I also know when my contract is expiring?

REgards

Highlighted
Participant

You are lucky i am still wiating for 3 months now and still no service!

No wonder Talktalk get bad reviews their customer service is the worst I HAVE EVER ENCOUNTERED in 40 years of working in IT.

Perils of outsourcing to the third world to save a few quid eh!

You need at least 25mbps anyway to stream 4k so you wont get that with 18mbps anyway!

Highlighted
Team Player

I can understand. But i cannot even stream normal videos from youtube as the max download speed I get is around 8Mbps. 

I hope this gets resolved or else I would have to leave them.

Highlighted
Community Team - TT Staff

Hi MKhan1

Apologies for this.

Just to confirm, is the router currently connected at the test socket?

Thanks

Debbie

Highlighted
Team Player

HI Debbie, its connected to Master Socket. I can move it to test when I go back later today.

Highlighted

Hi MKhan1

Thank you, would it be possible to leave the phone, router and filter at the test socket for at least 48hrs whilst DLM is monitoring the connection in this set up?

Debbie

Highlighted
Team Player

HI, I have removed the front face place and now using filter connected to test socket. 

I can see speed is still around 8 Mbps. Do let me know how your monitoring goes after 8 hrs?

Highlighted

Hi MKhan1

Just to confirm, is the router still at the test socket? I've checked the connection stats and your line is still in sync at 8.8mb.

The connection only appears to have remained stable since 13/01. Have you rebooted the router?

Thanks

Debbie

Highlighted
Team Player

Hi Debbie, 

yes I am still connected to test socket. 

No, I have not rebooted the router but one of the issues that I have faced since day one is connection dropping which was confirmed by both BT enginner and Talktalk with no apparent reasons.

Regards

Highlighted

Hi MKhan1

Thanks for your reply.

Can I also check if you have tested with a different router?

Debbie

Highlighted
Team Player

HI, yes soo many times but not recently. 

I am having this issues since I got talktalk 😞

Highlighted

Hi MKhan1

"yes soo many times but not recently."

When did you last receive a replacement router?

Thanks

Debbie

Highlighted
Team Player

i think I got my last router 3 months ago. 

Also I did tested over weekend using network cable and I was still getting 8Mbps. 

Regards

Highlighted

Hi MKhan1

Thanks for your reply.

I can send another router for testing or pass this straight over to our Network Team, which would you prefer me to do?

Thanks

Debbie

Highlighted
Team Player

Hi Debbie,

I have already tried both routes and its always the same results.

New router: Does not make any difference, I am still happy to get a new one if you beleve if this can resolve the solw speed.

Network Team: They would send BT engineer and he would see no issues with line.

In the end, I am again left with same issues 😞

Regards

Highlighted

Hi MKhan1,

I don't think there's any point sending another router at this stage. Just to confirm, when you tested with the other router was it connected for at least 48 hours (it would take a least this long for DLM to move you to a faster profile following any improvement in connection stability)?

Chris

Highlighted
Team Player

HI, yes i think so, i think I left it running all the time. 

On this occasion, Have you tried switch to faster profile, if yes what did you find out?

Highlighted

We can't manually change your profile, it's automatically managed by BT line management system (DLM). DLM monitors the line and if it sees an improvement in connection stats over a period of time then it will move to a faster profile.

If you're happy that both router have been connected for at least an uninterrupted 48 hour period since the 1st Jan (when the profile last changed) then we can pass this over to our network team for further investigation 

Chris

Highlighted
Team Player

HI Chris, i havenot connected routers since 1Jan. I did last year. If you want me to try that again let me know and I will do it again

Regards

Highlighted

Hi MKhan1,

If possible could you connect the alternative router again for at least 48hrs and we can re-check the connection stats again to see if DLM has started to make any changes to the sync speed?

Thanks