Highlighted
Team Player

HI, plugged my new router just now. 

Can you check and let me know please.

Thanks

Highlighted
Community Team

Hi MKhan1,

Is the new router still plugged in at the moment? There's been no improvement in speed yet

Chris

Highlighted
Team Player

Hi, 

Yes, its still connected and I cannot see any improvement in speed.

I would leave it as it is for next couple of days.

Regards

Highlighted
Community Team

OK, thanks. If you could bump the thread on Wednesday we'll see how it's getting on. If there's no improvement by then we can probably assume there's not going to be

Chris

Highlighted
Team Player

Bumping my thread as asked by OCE.

Highlighted
Community Team

Hi MKhan1,

Thanks for the bump. There's been no improvement so I've logged this over to our network team for further investigation. Can you bump the thread tomorrow and we'll check for updates 

Chris

Highlighted
Team Player
Hi, bumping this thread.
Can you let me know what would happen once this case is with Network Team please?
Regards
Highlighted
Community Team

Hi MKhan1,

Thanks for the bump, there have been no updates yet so I'm chasing it with our network team. If you don't hear anything later today can you bump the thread again tomorrow

Thanks

Chris

Highlighted
Community Team

Hi MKhan1,

Our network team have advised that the next step will be to arrange an engineer visit to investigate further, to do this can you confirm:

• That you accept potential Engineers charges
  • Provide availability, either AM (8am to 1pm) or PM (1pm to 6pm) between Monday to Friday.

I've also sent you a PM to confirm some other details 

Thanks

Chris

Highlighted
Team Player

HI, 

I can do Tuesday or Thursday next week in am.

Highlighted
Community Team

Hi MKhan1

Thanks for the Private Message.

I have passed your availability over to our Network Team for investigation and I will post back on this thread to confirm the date and time of this visit.

Thanks

Debbie

Highlighted
Community Team

Hi MKhan1

The engineer visit has been arranged for 05/02/019 AM (8am - 1pm)

Please let us know how you get on following this visit.

Thanks

Debbie

Highlighted
Team Player

Hi, this has been fixed now. I am now getting around 30Mbps.

BT engineer did something outside the house and fixed something in pole. 

Would you be able to tell me what they did and why all the previous engineers did not do it? The reason I am asking this as i believe talktalk will be paying BT for each visit right? I am wondering why these just spent 15minutes each visit and only checked internally?

Can you also let me know when my contract with talktalk is expiring?

I apprecite all OCE help during this time?

REgards

Highlighted
Community Team

Hi

Glad to hear the issue is resolved.

It's difficult to say the the engineer did exactly, but some engineers can be more thorough than others.  Some issues can be difficult to diagnose, sometimes just by replacing something that on the surface appears fine can have an impact.  The main thing is that the fault is resolved for you.

With regards to your contract, this will end in July.

Thanks

Karl. 

Highlighted
Team Player
Hi Karl, i am glad that this is resolved.
But my concern is that this problem persisted from the day I got talktalk fibre. i.e. for last one year. I never got full speed. Wasted so much time over phone. had to be at home to accommodate engineer visits i believe there were some dozen vists from these guys. Which all was very frustrating
regards
Highlighted
First Timer

hi I was guaranteed speed of 67mp minimum, every time I log on to my talk talk account and check if talk talk service is running ok the results say my speed is 39mp-40mp and could be improved evreytime I run a speed test I keep getting a different number tonight it was 27mp after contacting talk talk and them sending me 3 new modems and I have lost count how many micro filters they have sent me (I could start my own shop selling them lol) but really it's not funny I have about 2 months left on my contract then I am gone to a new supplier then they wonder how they get bad feed back

antony 8460
Highlighted
Participant

The question is is it affecting your tv or internet - most likely not as 40mbps is good enough for most people you are not guaranteed this speed at all times especially when the whole neighbourhood is browsing and streaming at 6pm-10pm

So what if you dont get 65mbps if your are able to do what you need why are you obsessing over some speedtest be thankful that you are even getting a decent connection and stop moaning and hijacking someone else thread you donut!

Highlighted
Community Team

Hi Antony10,

Welcome to the Community 

If you need assistance can you please start your own thread and we'll be happy to help 🙂

Chris

Highlighted
Conversation Starter

"The question is is it affecting your tv or internet - most likely not as 40mbps is good enough for most people"

AFAIK BBC I-player UHD streams need at least 40mb to give full 4k res, below that figure the res is dropped by the i-player

Highlighted
Participant

Nope in the tech specs its 25mbps rising to a max of 30mbps!

And yip i have tested it as I am a CCNP CCIE network engineer myself!

In the real world I have rarely seen it go above 20mbps using my Barracuda packet shaper or ISA 2006 firewall.

But hey everything is subjective when talking about networking, contention and the standard of your greenbox setup!

😇