Showing results for 
would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Lighting strike took phone line out!?

10 REPLIES 10
Magicukgs
Participant

Trying to deal with talk talk tech for my bothers broadband issues today has been rather long winded and seems no one I spoke to could have the common sense to go off script. I compare to my experience with my current broadband provider where you call up. Explain in 1 sentence that the phone line has been hit by lighting, taken talk talk router out and damaged the openreach socket in house. The person I dealt with kept saying the same script that the openreach person won’t need access. Obv I adviced he will and it’s a new line/ plus new open reach white box plus new router but no has listened to my information and concerned. 

Magicukgs
Participant

I am moving over to talk talk Monday my self but today has really been like pulling teeth and makes me consider about staying for the sake of £4 a month saving to be able to talk to someone which should of taken 15 minutes maxi raise issues but ended up using nearer an hour and I still don’t know if the openreach person is aware of the major issues and will be able to sort the repair. As stated my previous provider would take one call to a tech team and I would of been adviced when openreach were coming and time. Not 3 day window and won’t know if he can actually do the job. 

Community Team

Hi Magicukgs,

I'm sorry for the delay. Just to confirm, are you still experiencing this issue? Do you currently have no dial tone?

Thanks

Magicukgs
Participant

Took loads of lines out in the area so openreach were there all day Saturday. They  are using my talk talk router as will be using my own when I migrate over today. I did ask them to send the router out on Friday as was fried then but kept not listening and advicinh protocol and couldn’t send one until phone line fault rectified. A lot of time wasted trying to sort something as a request as a new router. 

Community Team

Hi Magicukgs

Would you like me to send a replacement router?

Thanks

Debbie

Magicukgs
Participant
Yes but my service hasn’t activated yet so if you could that would be great.
Community Team

Hi @Magicukgs

Can you update your community profile to include your home telephone number, we will then be able to have a look at your  account.

To do this go into 'my settings' then 'personal information' then add your details.

Thanks

Magicukgs
Participant

I have updated my landline number as requested. 

Highlighted
Community Team

Hi Magicukgs

Thanks for updating your Community Profile.

The replacement router is on its way, please allow 24-48hrs for this to arrive.

Thanks

Debbie 🙂

Magicukgs
Participant

Received today. Thanks. 

Community Team

Hi Magicukgs

Thanks for keeping us updated 🙂

Debbie