Did you mean: 
Need help?

Line Staus message

49 REPLIES 49
Highlighted
Super Duper Contributor

Hi,

I wondered if you could help me?

On Monday my router started to disconnect for no reason every couple of hours. I ran a line status check and had a message that the router was disconnecting. I contacted live chat and they told me there was a fault with my router and they would send me another one. I recieved it on Friday and connnected it. Everything seemed fine but my download speed had slowed from 37mbps to 26mbps. During the night the router disconnected. I think the Firmware was upgraded as it is now running SG4K10002600t; is this the latest firmware? The speed has improved to 30mpbs. I take it the speed will improve over time and go back to what it was as it does not seem to be disconnecting anymore.

The only problem is, when I do a line status test now, I get the message. We are working on your fault and not the line status. I contacted live chat and told them everything now seemed ok but when I checked the line status I got that message. Live chat told me there was nothing they could do about it and the message would remain even though, as far as I am aware, everything is now ok with my router and the line. Does this mean that I cannot use line status anymore and that the message is there permanently?

Thanks for your help.

jstype

Highlighted
Community Star

Yes, 2600 is the latest firmware for the Wi-Fi hub. Is the speed test wired or wireless? What is the router's downstream line rate (viewable on most pages of the hub's web interface)?

Keith
I am not employed by TalkTalk, I'm just a customer. If my post has fixed the issue, please mark it as the Best Answer.
OCE's and Community Stars - Who are they? 

Highlighted
Super Duper Contributor
Hi
Thanks for your reply, The test is wireless and the downstream line rate as far as I can see is 33.1. I was not to worried about this because I thought that the speed would have slowed because of the disconnections that had occured on the prievious router and after 14 days the speed would increase. Is this so?
I am concerned that when I do the line status test it still tells me there is a problem, even though the new router does not seem to be disconnecting. I will wait for the 14 days to be up and if the speed has not increased and the line test is still showing a problem I will try to find out why.
Thanks again for your help
jstype
Highlighted
Community Star

Everything should work as you expect. I can't be sure about the message you are getting, maybe that will clear in the next day or so.

Keith
I am not employed by TalkTalk, I'm just a customer. If my post has fixed the issue, please mark it as the Best Answer.

Highlighted
Super Duper Contributor

Thanks for your reply. I did wait two days for it to clear, I know it was over the weekend and hopefully it will clear in time.

I am of course also worried that the fault has not cleared and that is why the message remains because even though everything seems fine to me there could still be a fault I am not aware of.
I thought line staus would tell me if everything was ok again and when on line chat told me this was not so and the message might not clear it concerned me.
If they had told me to wait a couple of days and it would clear I would have been quite satisfied. I just thought what is the point of having line staus check if it does not delete the error message when everything is fixed. I could have pursued it further with on line chat but I did not seem to be getting anywhere. 
Thnaks for your help.
jstype

Highlighted
Super Duper Contributor

I checked the router this morning and it had disconnected again during the night. Connected time is only 7 hours, whereas with my old router it would stay connected for months. Having said that the connection speed has gone up from 33.1 to 37.1.
My old router would always connect at over 38.
I suppose I am worried that there is still a fault on the line, what with the linestatus message I am getting and that the router has not so far managed to stay connected for over 2 days.
Thanks for your help
jstype

Highlighted
Community Star

I have asked one of TalkTalk's OCEs to pick your thread up and investigate it for you.

The forum is not real-time 24/7 support, so depending on how busy they are & how many are working at any one time, this can take 24 - 48 hrs (excluding weekends & limited cover on Bank Holidays). Alternatively, you can call the call centre or use online chat. The posts are responded to in time/date order, oldest first. So the fewer entries you make on your thread now, the sooner they will pick it up.

To save yourself time, please make sure that your community profile includes your first & last names, broadband phone number & if possible an alternative contact number. This can be done by clicking on your Avatar picture then click on "My Settings" followed by:-

Personal Profile > Personal Information

Otherwise, TalkTalk will not be able to tie up your forum username to your broadband account. Only you & TalkTalk have visibility of your details.

Keith

Highlighted
Super Duper Contributor
Thanks again
Highlighted
Community Team - TT Staff

Hi jstype,

I've run a test on the line which hasn't detected a fault. Is everything ok with the voice service?

Thanks

Highlighted
Super Duper Contributor

Yes everything is great thanks. It was just that line status tells me there is problem being worked on and to contact TalkTalk.  Also the new router has disconected twice since I started using it on Friday though I think on of those disconnections was a firmware upgrade.

Thanks for you help.

jstype

Highlighted

Hi jstype

Did you run the service status check before the firmware updated?

Thanks

Debbie

Highlighted
Super Duper Contributor

Hi,

Yes and I ran it just now, and have run it every day since I got the new router. It just tells me there is a fault you are working on

thanks again

jstype

Highlighted

Hi  jstype

I've checked again and there is an open fault ticket with our Network Team and this may be why you receive this message.

If you are no longer experiencing a fault then I can close this ticket.

Thanks

Debbie

Highlighted
Super Duper Contributor
Hi
Thanks for your help, could you please close the ticket,. The online chat told me this was not possible.
Thanks for your help
jstype
Highlighted

Hi jstype

I have now closed the fault ticket.

Thanks

Debbie 🙂

Highlighted
Super Duper Contributor

Thanks very much for your help

Highlighted
Highlighted
Super Duper Contributor

Hi

Thanks for your previous help.

I did a line status test again and got the message attached again. I am not aware of any faults with my broadband or telephone line.

Last week I received a new Wifi hub and It does seem to disconnect every night and my connections speed has dropped from 37 Mbps to 30 Mbps but I put that down to the router stabilising. I have attached a screen shot of the line status message.

Thanks for your help.

jstypeScreenshot 2019-08-17 at 11.36.39 am.png

Highlighted

Hi jstype,

DLM has been adjusting your profile, your current sync speed is 36.7Mbps, have you noticed the improvement?

Chris

Highlighted
Super Duper Contributor

Hi Chris,
Thanks for your reply.
I do not seem to have any great problem but since I have had the new WiFi Hub, which is about two weeks now, my connection speed has dropped from 37 to 30.
This morning my router had been connected for over 2 days which is the best it has been because it was disconnecting before every day.
The reason I was sent the new router was because the old one was disconnecting according to your line status check although I had not really noticed this and thought everything was working okay.
My only real problem is the line status check which keeps telling me there is a problem with the line. Previously in this thread Debbie closed the fault but the line status check says that it has reappeared.
Perhaps I should not keep using the line status check when I am not aware of any fault with my landline or WiFi, but I am intrigued why it keeps logging a fault when I am not aware of one.
Thanks for your help.
jstype