cancel
Showing results for 
would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Line Staus message

Highlighted
Community Team

The fault ticket is still open which is probably why you are receiving this message. The fault ticket should auto close in a few days

Chris

Highlighted
jstype
Super Duper Contributor
The fault ticket was closed and has now opened again. Is it possible to tell me if there is fault on the line or not. If there is not a fault how long will it take for the fault message to change.
Thanks for your help
jstype
Highlighted
Community Team

Hi jstype

I'm not sure why this ticket has re opened. Would you like me to ask our Network Team to close this again?

Thanks

Debbie

Highlighted
jstype
Super Duper Contributor

Thanks for your help.

My problem is that line status seems to tell me there is a fault.

I am not aware of one, but why does line status tell me there is one.

I would just like to know if there is a fault or not, and if not why does line status tell me there is. No one seems to know, I have tried to get this sorted with online chat, by contacting the tec support over my mobile phone, and also by contacting you.

If know one can tell me could you just leave it as it is and I will check it every couple of days to see if the fault message ever goes away.

If I begin to notice a fault myself on the internet or phone I will contact you. Lucky this problem is annoying rather than an inconvenience.

Thanks again for your help

jstype

Highlighted
Community Team

Hi jstype

I think the status page is showing a fault because there is a fault ticket open and not that it's detecting a fault on the line.

Did you contact our Faults Team recently? (this may be why the ticket was raised)

Thanks

Debbie

Highlighted
jstype
Super Duper Contributor

No. I have run the line status to check it, after you closed the ticket last time and got the fault message again. Then I contacted the faults team to see why the message had returned

Thanks

jstype

Highlighted
Community Team

Hi jstype

Ok I can ask the Network Team to close the ticket again so you can run the status check?

Thanks

Debbie

Highlighted
jstype
Super Duper Contributor
Ok. Thanks for your help.
jstype
Highlighted
Community Team

Hi jstype

I will let you know as soon as it's closed.

Thanks

Debbie

Highlighted
jstype
Super Duper Contributor
Thanks
Highlighted
Community Team

Hi jstype

The fault ticket has now been closed. Please can you run the service status test again?

Thanks

Debbie

Highlighted
jstype
Super Duper Contributor
Thanks have done that, I get a a message saying Your Broadband connection should be okay now
Will run the check again over the next few days to see what happens.
Thanks for your help
jstype
Highlighted
Community Team

Hi jstype

Thank you 🙂

Please let us know how you get on.

Debbie

Highlighted
Community Team

Hi jstype

How are you getting on?

Thanks

Debbie

Highlighted
jstype
Super Duper Contributor

Hi

Yes everything seems to be fine. My router has now been connected for four days. If I check my line status I get a message "Your broadband connection should be okay now".

The only problem is that if I do a speed check I am getting a download of 30 rather than 37 which my old router gave me.

Thanks for your help.

jstype

Highlighted
Community Team

Hi jstype

Thanks for keeping us updated 🙂

How does a wired speed test compare?

Debbie

Highlighted
jstype
Super Duper Contributor

That was wired. To be fair the speed is exactly the same wired as not, with the old router it might have been slightly faster Wifi than wired, if it is not my imagination. But my Imac which I do the speed tests on sits right next to the router. If I check the speeds in some of my other rooms with my IPad or android phone the speeds I get are considerably less, but probably more than they were before with the old router.

Thanks again for you help.

jstype 

Highlighted
Community Team

Hi jstype,

Ok thanks for the update. Sync speed can vary slightly between different routers. If you switch the router off for a full 30 minutes and then retest is there any improvement in throughput speed? How is the overall performance of the connection?

Thanks

Highlighted
jstype
Super Duper Contributor

Thanks for your comments.

I was waiting till the router had not disconnected for 14 days before I restarted it.

I thought if it got restarted too often it might slow the throughput down as the line connection might be judged as unstable.

But if this is not the case will certainly try what you say.

Thanks again.

jstype

Highlighted
Community Team

Hi jstype,

I'd recommend only trying this once (for the full 30 minutes) to see if the throughput speed increases. Please let us know how the speed compares following this 🙂

Thanks