would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Line Staus message

Highlighted
jstype
Super Duper Contributor
Hi Michelle
I have done as you suggested and when I do a speed test the speed has improved from 30Mbps to 35.7Mbps, not quite the 37Mbps I was getting before but near enough, thanks for you help.
Curiously when I go into the WiFi hub to get stats under my internet connection current speed, the speed has dropped from 38.8 to 38.5 so the WiFi hub is telling me the connection is slower, though the speed test 5.7Mbps faster.
Thanks again for you help. I will try the TalkTalk check service status again occasionally to see if the message changes.
Thanks again.
jstype
Highlighted
Community Team

Hi jstype,

Thanks for the update 🙂

Thanks

Highlighted
jstype
Super Duper Contributor

Hi,

Just to keep you updated.

I have just done a TalkTalk Check service status test and I am a little confused.

After the service status check has been done with a wired connection. I get a message that says your broad band connection could be improved.

If I then go to "Your results explained" I get the following message

"The health check we carried out on your broadband line shows that recently you have not been receiving the estimated download speed we guaranteed when you signed up to TalkTalk.

Estimated speed: 30 Mb - 39 Mb

Recent speed: 38 Mb

Please use our guide for tips on how to improve your broadband speed. If you can't resolve the issue please speak to our team."

This message is a bit confusing as when I do a speed test I am only getting 35mb, but this seems to be within the estimated speed, and if I am getting 38mb it is at the top of my estimated speed.

I am not complaining just puzzled, why is the message telling me I am not getting  my estimated speed. Just thought I would keep you up to date with the situation as requested.

Thanks for all your help.

jstype

Highlighted
Community Team

Hi jstype

Thanks for your reply.

When you ran the speed test were any other devices in use or connected at the same time?

Thanks

Debbie

Highlighted
jstype
Super Duper Contributor

Hi,
Thanks for your reply. I have my main computer on which I do the speed test and a hive hub connected by ethernet. and andriod phones etc by wifi. The speed I now get with the Wifi hub is 35.7 using internet speed test from the web. With my old router I got 37.1 with the same speed tester.
That does not really bother me though. It was the message from the talktalk check service status that confused me.
Thanks for you help.
jstype

Highlighted
Community Team

Hi jstype

Thanks for your reply.

It would be worth running a speed test without any wireless devices connected to see what speed you receive (wired)

The status page is advising that the speed should be slightly faster based on the speed test results it can see.

Thanks

Debbie

Highlighted
jstype
Super Duper Contributor
Thanks again,
I copied and pasted the exact message.
I thought it read that my estimated speed is between 30mb and 39mb, and I was only getting 38mb which was below the estimated speed, and talktalk would give me some tips to improve it. 38mb is within the estimated speed as is 35.7mb so why am i getting the message.
Thanks again
jstype
Highlighted
Community Team

Hi jstype

Thanks for your reply.

I've checked the connection stats and your line is in sync at 36.7mb. I'm not sure why you are receiving this message as it's still within the predicted range for your line.

If the performance of the connection is ok then I wouldn't worry too much about the status page.

Thanks

Debbie

Highlighted
jstype
Super Duper Contributor

No I will not, just thought If I really do have a problem the page could be misleading.

Thanks again

jstype

Highlighted
Community Team

Hi jstype

I will feed this back in regards to the message you are receiving.

Thanks

Debbie