Showing results for 
would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Line buffering badly

Highlighted
Heidi3
Team Player

The problem happens whether I use just my phone or whether there are a couple of devices running which could be when my partner  using his xbox and my son using his tablet. 

The buffering is intermittent as I explained before, speeds sometimes reduce to 7mb for the 37mb which it normally can be.

Perhaps the cap on the speed could be lifted for a day to see if it is this causing the problem?

Thanks

Highlighted
Community Team

Hi Heidi3

We don't cap the throughput speed. It may be worth arranging a TalkTalk engineer visit so they can complete some further testing.

Please can you power down your router for a full 30 minutes and then run a speed test using the TT speed tester so we can see the results?

Thanks

Debbie

Highlighted
Heidi3
Team Player

I have done as you have asked and done a speed test after 30 minutes of router being switched off.

It shows the speed is fine which I was expecting but it still disconnects most of the time so I cannot even run a speed test at those times. 

I would suggest speed test needs to be done continuously for probably an hour to understand how it drops out like I am explaining.

Highlighted
Heidi3
Team Player

81608C93-3298-4A38-8F50-F0092BF57387.png

Highlighted
Community Team

Hi Heidi3

I've a new router on the way to you so this can be ruled out.

All other tests are passing and showing clear.

Thanks

Karl. 

Highlighted
Heidi3
Team Player

Karl

I have just received a new router and wires and it has not made a difference, so another will not be needed. I have done all the things asked too and there is no change. 

Highlighted
Community Team

Hi

OK, I'll hold off on the router if you have tested another.

Can you also confirm your home phone line is clear with a clear dial tone.

If it is then the only option is to get one of our engineers out to take a look.

Thanks

Karl. 

Highlighted
Heidi3
Team Player

I can confirm that I have tested the phone line and it’s all clear with dial tone.

Thanks

Highlighted
Community Team

Hi

All tests are clear but I can see a lot of errors from the WiFi.  

Can you confirm the router is about 1 metre away from any other electrical devices, so not on top of a TV or anything like that.

I've also made a manual change to your wifi channel to see if this helps.

Thanks

Karl. 

Highlighted
Heidi3
Team Player

I can confirm the router is not near any electrical devices and just sits on a unit.

Just to confirm the problem of buffering and loosing connection is with both wired and wireless devices.

Will see if there is a difference now you have made some changes your end.

Thank you

Highlighted
Community Team

Hi

OK, if the change does not reduce the errors or make any improvements then we will arrange the engineer for you.

Regards,

Karl.