Showing results for 
would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Line in state of activation

25 REPLIES 25
Adeljay
Popular Poster

Hello i just joined talktalk and they connected my lind up today bearing in mind its a new build. Now around 5pm i plugged in my hub to see if im connected and hooray i was but i was getting speeds of 3mb. After tech chat they said this is normal because my line is still not fully active. He said wait 24hrs and check again. Is this normal or will it stay like this. I ordered the fiber broadband 

Divsec
Community Star

Hi Adeljay well the openreach guy kept his promise which is great. It is often the case that a new connection does take a while to settle down,this is partly due to a bit of kit called DLM which is an openreach thing and it monitors your line and adjusts it to optimise the quality. It can take several days to get things to their best. Avoid rebooting the router!!!!!. DLM sees this as a fault.

Did you update your community profile as suggested in your other thread?

D

Regards Divsec, I don't work here, know little, and have too many opinions.
Adeljay
Popular Poster
Thanks for the reply but to be 3mb is that normal?
Divsec
Community Star

Hi Adeljay, what does your order/contract promise. I don't think any of us get the same numbers😀

Adeljay
Popular Poster
40-60mb lol i mean tech did say im not fully active yet but i just dont know got a gut feeling that something is wromg
Divsec
Community Star

Thanks for getting back so quick, that's a big difference, but it is also day 1. See what overnight brings things do change.

Did you check your community profile? The OCE team can't identify your account without that info.

Adeljay
Popular Poster
I have updated my profile with my name and number landline and will wait till tomorrow morning then do another check. Hopefully things change
Community Team

Hi Adeljay,

I've checked the order status and it looks as though further work needs to be carried out by Openreach to complete the fibre order, we should get an update within 48 working hours, apologies for any inconvenience

Chris

Adeljay
Popular Poster

Thank you for the update i hope openreach get it sorted tonight 

Community Team
Adeljay
Popular Poster
Just wanted to update you came home and still no luck still not active and its actually worse today for some reason. Heres hoping tomorrow they activate it
Divsec
Community Star

Hi Adeljay, I do hope you're connected overnight, but , managing expectations, remember Chris said they would have a report back in 48 hours.

All the best

D

Community Team

Hi Adeljay,

I'm really sorry this is taking so long to resolve, a review date has been set for Wednesday, if you could bump the thread then we can check for updates 

Chris

Adeljay
Popular Poster

Thank you for the update i just spoke to talktalk who spoke to open reach. Open reach advised another 48hrs needed so fingers crossed i can have my fiber package by wednesday 

Adeljay
Popular Poster

Spoke to talktalk this morning and have advised openreach will be activating the line today by midnight. So my speeds will increase anytime till midnight or should i just test it tomorrow morning? 

Community Team

Hi Adeljay,

Thanks for the update. How are you getting on?

Thanks

Adeljay
Popular Poster
Was suppose to go live before midnight last night or today. Tried this morning still no fiber 😞 rebooted my router and stilll 8mb. Will be calling them around noon today because this cant keep going on
Community Team

Hi 

I will check for an update and let you know. 

Adeljay
Popular Poster

Btw i went and ordered virgin media broadband. Talktalk and openreach both have take the p***. I have waited for nearly a month for my so called fiber broadband. I have 7mb for 2 weeks now in a very busy household which is unusuable. Im constantly being told wait another 24hrs or 48hrs. Thank god im not paying for this service. Horrible services. I used to like talktalk but now 🤭

Divsec
Community Star
Hi Adeljay, sorry it hasn't worked out for you. The team have done their best but open reach appear to have done the opposite.
Good luck with Virgin, I left because of evening contention issues Which were never resolved.