Showing results for 
would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Loosing patience

5 REPLIES 5
Babs57
First Timer

Had older router and up graded to faster fibre with new hub. Had tp link extender with old router and it worked great. Now with new hub it won’t connect my tv apps etc. Have spent hours on phone with agents trying to sort this out only to be told have to buy a talk talk WiFi extender at first price quote £55.

Today phoned up to purchase one and now told £85, anyone else have these issues  

KeithFrench
Community Star

I can probably help with this if you want, but please do NOT consider buying any more extenders until the current setup has been checked out by myself.

If you want my help, please let me know.

Keith
I am not employed by TalkTalk, I'm just a customer. If my post has fixed the issue, please mark it as the Best Answer.
OCE's and Community Stars - Who are they? 

Babs57
First Timer

Any help gratefully received 

Babs57
First Timer
Yes please
KeithFrench
Community Star

First off I made a slight typo on my initial reply, I should have said do not buy any more extenders until I can check this out.

Please can you supply the model numbers of the TP-Link extenders, so as I can check out the type that you have?

Please see my attached guide on Wi-Fi interference & initially look at the section called "Are you suffering from interference – prove it first". This section includes full details of Wi-Fi analysers that I recommend for Windows, Windows phone, Android and Apple operating systems. However, I have no way of testing the Apple product. Do not worry about interpreting the results, I will do that for you.

Please post the screenshots that I have requested in my guide (no photos please they can be difficult to read as text can get out of focus when zoomed), from the analyser you are using (also in my attached guide). Please ensure that the analyser window is maximised (if Windows) before taking the screenshots & upload them via the "Insert Photos" button on the post editor's toolbar as large images. If they are too small, I will not be able to read them & although I can enlarge them, this just puts the text out of focus. If you prefer PM them to me. If you do PM me, then please add a link in there to this thread, so as I can find it easily.

Keith
I am not employed by TalkTalk, I'm just a customer. If my post has fixed the issue, please mark it as the Best Answer.

KeithFrench
Community Star

That is quite an outdated unit & will never work very well as it is only single band (2.4GHz) and connects back to the router over the router's wifi network. Placement of it is very critical & if it uses the same channel as the router, this will often cancel the out the signal from the router.

Keith