Show  only  | would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Losing Patience with broadband

12 REPLIES 12
Highlighted
Chatterbox

anyone else seem to have this problem 

When we first got broadband we where told it was guaranteed to reach every room, 1 month later it stopped reaching one of the bedrooms (this was the reason we left sky) when we rang they said i had to place the TV next to the router bit hard when the TV is upstairs and the only phone line is in the living room.

Told me to buy a WiFi extender done that tv now has Internet 

But every few days are skyq boxes are constantly kicked off the Internet 

With the message either to reconnect to the main q box sometimes this works sometimes it doesn't or a message about unable to obtain it address 

Now I've checked the service status and it says where not receiving the best line speed so ive been in touch with Cs and they where doing something from there end and would take upto 10 days to stabilise and our skyq boxes would no longer keep getting kicked off, 

Well now its every few hours its kicking them off and now one of the kids xboxs is doing the same everytime they turn it on its saying connect to network we try that and it comes up about the ip address the only way I'm managing to bypass it is by forgetting the network and re setting it all up again on the xbox

Can anyone help please

Highlighted
Community Star

Hi @Mjrichards21 ,

For one of the TalkTalk OCE's on this forum to be able to look into this you will need to update your community profile to include your name, landline telephone number & alternative contact number. This will allow them to identify you, and they will then be able to have a look at your connection and your router to see if there are any issues.

Don't post any personal details in this thread, just add them to your community profile.

Then they will hopefully be able to respond to this post within a day or two.

Highlighted
Community Team - TT Staff

Hi Mj,

I'm sorry to hear this. I've run a test on the line which hasn't detected a fault and the sync speed looks consistent. Have you tried separating the SSID's?

Split your router's SSID (wireless network name)

Thanks

Highlighted
Chatterbox
So ive just changed the ssid and on trying to get an xbox to join 1 of the networks its refusing to let it by saying cant connect and then goes on about my router may not be letting mac in
I've not tried the skyboxes yet so will try that in the morning
Highlighted

Hi

I can see you have changed the SSID's.  In one of these there is a space, but not in the other, not sure if you are aware.

Just a suggestion, but when I'm setting things up, I always keep things simple and easy to remember.  The SSID's on my router are Home2 and Home5.  

If possible, connect a phone or tablet to each to test it is working correctly.

Thanks  

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

WEAR A MASK      -      WASH YOUR HANDS      -      SOCIAL DISTANCE

Highlighted
Chatterbox

So both are working correctly for all other devices but sky 😡 my sky q box only seems to be able to find the one that says upstairs doesn't show the ssid for downstairs so now its connecting and disconnecting within seconds

Highlighted

Hi

Would you like to try a different model router to see if this helps.

Thanks  

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

Highlighted
Chatterbox
I'm happy to try anything, as at the minute I'm paying for something i can't use
Highlighted

Hi

Router on the way.

Thanks  

Karl. 

Working From Home Tips

Highlighted
Chatterbox

So we recieved the new router set it all up and it didn't change anything, ive now had a sky engineer come out and give us a q booster worked perfectly for 2 days and then it kicked our main q box of again, its also coming up when other things get kicked of the WiFi our router isn't issuing an ip or something along them lines,

I've tried every suggestion I've been given yet none seem to work 😕 

Highlighted

Hi,

Thanks for the update and I'm sorry to hear this. Did you also try separating the SSID's on the replacement router?

Thanks

Highlighted
Chatterbox

Yes I tried that and then yesterday customer services put them back together 

They also made me reset the router as we where getting slow speeds today its even slower 😑 

Highlighted

Morning,

Thanks for confirming. I can see that the fault has been raised to Openreach, please let us know how you get on.

Thanks