cancel
Showing results for 
would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Losing connection and slow speeds on HG633

M Lynn
Conversation Starter

Hi, the engineer tested the line and said it was absolutely fine, so he replaced the master socket as it was old. My connection speed returned to normal, but I've had some disconnections again since then and now I can see my upload has reduced to half. I haven't turned it off since he left which was yesterday.

Line Quality

Upstream line rate (kbit/s):
Downstream line rate (kbit/s):
Upstream noise safety coefficient (dB):
Downstream noise safety coefficient (dB):
Upstream interleave depth:
Downstream interleave depth:
Line standard:
VDSL2
Upstream line attenuation (dB):
Downstream line attenuation (dB):
Upstream output power (dBm):
Downstream output power (dBm):
Channel type:
Fast
DSL up-time:
0 days 2 hours 10 minutes 31 seconds
Community Team

Hi M Lynn

Apologies for this.

Did the engineer connect the router at the test socket? If not then please can you connect the phone, router and filter at the test socket?

Thanks

Debbie

M Lynn
Conversation Starter

No but he replaced the test socket and faceplate. I've now connected it to the test socket.

Community Team

Hi M Lynn

Thanks for your reply.

How have you found the connection since the router has been connected at the test socket?

Thanks

Debbie

M Lynn
Conversation Starter
Hi, there was a break in the connection today around 12.20 pm and the downstream connection rate is still lower than it should be. It's at 35Mbps now, where I was getting the full 40Mbps originally. I suspect that's because of the disconnections.
Community Team

Hi M Lynn

The connection appears to be more stable. Would it be possible to leave the router at the test socket for a little longer?

Thanks

Debbie

M Lynn
Conversation Starter

Yeah I'll do that and keep an eye on it for a while.

Community Team

Hi M Lynn

Thank you. Please can you post back on this thread tomorrow and we can check the connection stats again.

Debbie

M Lynn
Conversation Starter
Yeah will do, thanks.
M Lynn
Conversation Starter
Hi, can you check the stats again please. Thanks.
Community Team

Hi M Lynn

I've checked the connection stats again and the connection appears to be more stable and the line is in sync at 40mb.

How have you found the connection over the last few days?

Thanks

Debbie

M Lynn
Conversation Starter
It does seem ok at the moment, I'm still not getting the same download speeds I was though. It's currently 33Mbps instead of 38Mbps which I was getting before. Is there any reason for that?
Community Team

Hi M Lynn

Are you running speed tests wired or wireless?

Thanks

Debbie

M Lynn
Conversation Starter
Always wired.
Community Team

Hi M Lynn,

Thanks for confirming this. Could you try switching the router off for a full 30 minutes and then run another wired speed test to see if there is any improvement in throughput speed.

Thanks

M Lynn
Conversation Starter
Hi, yeah I've just done that and it's now at full speed.
Community Team

Hi M Lynn

Are you now receiving 38mb?

Thanks

Debbie

M Lynn
Conversation Starter
Yes I am now thanks. I'll just keep an eye on it for a few days.
Community Team

Hi M Lynn

Thanks for your reply.

Please let us know if you do experience any further issues.

Debbie

M Lynn
Conversation Starter

Well it's been fine the last 2 weeks, but now I'm getting constant disconnections again.

To sum it up, channel type has gone from fast to interleaved, upstream keeps dropping down, and the downstream connection rate has dropped to 35 Mbps. My router is still connected to the master socket as that is the only socket I have.

The only other thing that's changed is the router, I was using an older one before, but had to use this HG633 for fibre. I rarely had a problem before I went onto fibre. Everything else has been ruled out, I've tried a different filter and cable, the engineer said the line is good and he installed a new faceplate.

Thanks.