Need help?

Losing connection and slow speeds on HG633

M Lynn
Conversation Starter
Ok will do, thanks.
Community Team
M Lynn
Conversation Starter
Ok, so I've gave this new router a try for a few weeks and I'm still getting disconnections.

After watching it for a while, the line speed seems to be just re-training all the time. It drops and becomes stable, then it starts going back up until it eventually reaches full speed again, becomes unstable then starts dropping again. Every time it does this I get get a disconnection.

As I've already said though, an engineer has been twice, checked the line and said there was nothing wrong with it on both occasions. So what can be done next?
Community Team

Hi M Lynn

I'm really sorry to hear this.

I've completed a further line test which is detecting a landline fault. Please can you confirm if your landline service is working ok when making calls? (any noise)

I can then escalate this fault over to our Network Team for investigation.

Thanks

Debbie

M Lynn
Conversation Starter
Hi, I don't use the land line at all and don't have a phone plugged in. Thanks.
Community Team

Hi M Lynn

If you are experiencing a fault with the landline service then this will affect the broadband connection and has to be investigated first.

Would it be possible to borrow a phone for testing purposes?

Thanks

Debbie

M Lynn
Conversation Starter
Yes I could do. What do I need to check for?
Community Team

Hi M Lynn

Thank you. Please can you check if you have a dialtone?

If you have a dialtone then please can you make a couple of test calls to see if there is any noise on the line.

Thanks

Debbie

M Lynn
Conversation Starter
Thanks. I've just tested it and it seems to be working fine, the line was clear and working as it should.
Community Team

Hi M Lynn

Thanks for testing the landline.

I've escalated the intermittent connection fault over to our Network Team for investigation and I will post back on this thread as soon as I receive further information.

Thanks

Debbie

M Lynn
Conversation Starter
Thanks.
Community Team

Hi M Lynn

This fault has now been passed over to BT Openreach and is under investigation with a line engineer. We should receive further updates within the next 48hrs.

Thanks

Debbie

M Lynn
Conversation Starter
Hi, do you have any update on this please?
Community Team

Hi M Lynn

I have requested an update on this fault and I will post back on this thread as soon as I receive further information.

Thanks

Debbie

Community Team

Hi M Lynn

The BT Openreach engineer completed work on the line outside the property and closed the fault.

Our Network Team can see some re connections on the line. Are you re booting the router? If you aren't rebooting the router then this fault will need to go back to BT Openreach for further investigation.

Thanks

Debbie

M Lynn
Conversation Starter
Thanks. I do turn the router off now and then if I'm leaving the house for a few hours, but I don't reboot it unless it's causing a problem. It's currently at full speed and has been stable the last 2 or 3 days, it's been connected constantly for 1 day 13 hours now.

Do you know if the engineer corrected any faults?
Community Team

Hi M Lynn,

Thanks for the update, glad to hear the connection has been stable. (Yes the engineer carried out some work at the cabinet)

Thanks

Chris