Just a quick update,
Seems with my old HG622 my speed is even slower again
Looks like the DSL disconnected overnight - Again this has never happend with my Asus router.
I have had an email from DPD saying the new test router should be coming today, I will switch this over to see if any improvements and ill check in within the next 24 hours or so.
New router is all connected to the test socket, thanks so much for sending it so quickly.
Slight improvement from the old TT router
Still Max downstream rate is still synch around 3Mbps less that my Asus router.
Do you have a full tech list on which options I should be setting the DNS setings up with?.
My Asus syncs the line using VDSL_ANNEX_A while your TT router has ANNEX_B.
While there was no issues with the Asus router in past, only since the OR Eng has fixed the fault back in FEB my speeds have dropped.
Thank you and I'll take a look now. One of the line tests is detecting a loop fault. Could I just confirm, what other equipment do you have connected? Is it just the microfilter and router at the test socket?
Thanks again for confirming and I'm just re-running the test again now.
The test is now clear, so we'll check the speed again tomorrow to see if DLM now makes any changes to improve the sync speed now the loop fault has gone.
I've just re-checked the connection stats again and there has been no increase at the moment. Your current sync speed is within the predicted range for the line. Could I just confirm, in your first post you said that you had speeds of 26mb, was this sync or throughput speeds? What throughput speeds are you seeing at the moment if you run a wired speed test?
The sync speed would normally come in around 31/2 Mpbs and then the throughput speed normally come in around 25/6 Mpbs.
Looking at the router now, the DLM has increased my upload speed going from around 1000 Kbit/s to 2255 Kbit/s.
Again the router is syncing at 30392 Kbit/s (this can go between 29700 - 33000 Kbit/s depending on traffic. crosstalk etc).
My speed at the moment is 22380 Kbit/s which is an increase from when I orignally posted of 19999 Kbit/s, so the DLM has increase this.
I would normally get around 24/5/6 Mbps throug throughput speed and my synch speed would normally be within the ranges above (between 29700 - 33000 Kbit/s). But my upload speed would be less. Normally within the 1Mbps range (1000 - 1200).
Speed test connected via LAN and just myself in the house with the laptop.
As the loop fault is no longer present and you've also noticed some change to the upload speed, then it may be worth keeping an eye on this for a few more days to see if DLM continues to make any changes. Unfortunately we can't manually adjust the speed as this is managed by DLM to provide the best balance between stability and speed for the line, based upon the stability of the connection and also the number of errors on the line.