Showing results for 
would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Loss of internet connection oohoo till 01h00

6 REPLIES 6
SenB33
First Timer

Internet stops-working every Sunday 00h00 to 1am (Router lights all normal)
From 24th March 2019 I have contacted TalkTalk 4 times to fix this problem.
So far
1. Firmware update by T/Talk for router (problem not resolved)
2. Bought a Netgear N600 my broadband speed went up from 12mbs 15/18 mbs, thats a plus but still the same problem, losing internet connection.
3. On the 13 May I phoned T/Talk again at 00h00 while the internet was down, they tested line again "no fault found" while I was on the line the internet connection came back on at 1am.
The call handler did not want to help becouse I'm using a non T/Talk router, she refused to pass me to a supervisor and when I asked for a complaint ref number the line went dead.
3. Sun night 9th June Lost the internet connection again at 00h04 till 01h00. I restarted the router but (problem was not resolved) Firefox displays (Secure Connection Failed) error then at 01H00 connection activated again.

KeithFrench
Community Star

I have asked one of TalkTalk's OCEs to pick your thread up and investigate it for you.

The forum is not real-time 24/7 support, so depending on how busy they are & how many are working at any one time, this can take 24 - 48 hrs (excluding weekends & limited cover on Bank Holidays). Alternatively, you can call the call centre or use online chat. The posts are responded to in time/date order, oldest first. So the fewer entries you make on your thread now, the sooner they will pick it up.

To save yourself time, please make sure that your community profile includes your first & last names, broadband phone number & if possible an alternative contact number. This can be done by clicking on your Avatar picture then click on "My Settings" followed by:-

Personal Profile > Personal Information

Otherwise, TalkTalk will not be able to tie up your forum username to your broadband account. Only you & TalkTalk have visibility of your details.

Keith
I am not employed by TalkTalk, I'm just a customer. If my post has fixed the issue, please mark it as the Best Answer.
OCE's and Community Stars - Who are they? 

Community Team

Hi SenB33,

I'm sorry for the delay. Just to confirm, do you have HomeSafe active on the line?

Thanks

SenB33
First Timer

I did reply on the 15/06/19 My Home-safe was not active then or now.

Below is the time line of the sorry and pitiful positions am in now. If you can help it would be appreciated very much.

Losing Internet connection between 00h00 and 01h00 Every Sunday
31/03/19 First aware of the problem losing INTERNET SIGNAL between 00h00 - 01h00 EVERY SUNDAY
01/04/19 Spoke to Angel in the Phillippines who did a router firmware update
04/04/19 Contacted Talktalk again in the Phillipinnes. Not resolved
15/04/19 Spoke to Eric in the Phillippines. No solution Problem still present. I bought and Installed new Netgear Router N600 Increase of speed from 14mbs to 18mbs(thats a plus)
06/05/19 Spoke to Philile in Durban who transferred me to the Technical Dept in the Philllippines. Told to phone them when problem appears.
13/05/19 Called TalkTalk at 00h04. Waited 30 minutes. TalkTalk could not help, line dropped.
13/05/19 Searched TalkTalk forums and found several issues regarding loss of internet 00h00 - 01h00; posted my problem, received a reply from moderator asking about Homesafe and if it was active. I checked and it was disabled.
15/06/19 Eric at the Technical Dept escalating problem to FM ?. Spoke to more people, asked for a complaint reference number.(recorded)
20/06/19 Maila asked me to remove Netgear router and replace with the original. I was promised a call back between 14h00 - 16h00 which did not come. Got a text informing me that they had tried to call. (Untrue was home and waiting)
25/06/19 Phoned TalkTalk Tommy reset the LAN and said she would call back Monday 10h00 - 10h30. Call never came.(waited in)
28/06/19 Missed call from TalkTalk, and missed two subsequent calls. (phoned the number back no facility to leave a message)
01/07/19 Spoke to Dimna in the Phillippines who did a line test. Arranged for someone from Openreach to come out to me on 04/07/19.
05 - 07 /07/19 Several calls from TalkTalk, different people asking me the same questions.(they should read the file) Told them the fault only appeared on Sunday nights.
04/07/19 Openreach engineer came and found no fault at all.
08/07/19 Contacted TalkTalk spoke to Veronica in Durban who arranged for a new router to be sent to me.(Arrived on the 11th and installed) Promised a call back on 15/07/19 between 10h00 - 10h00, no call received.
15/07/19 TalkTalk contacted me during the afternoon; I was out so arranged a call back for 17/07/19 between 15h00 - 18h00. I waited in(again) they did not call).
18/07/19 19h53 Veronica phoned asking the same questions. I told her it was all in my file Complaint Ref No. Waited on the phone and the line went dead. They must have done a line test; router off line, then it all came back. They did not phone back after this line test.

Community Team

Hi SenB33,

I'm sorry for the delay in getting back to you and thanks for the additional information.

If HomeSafe is not active then we advise activating HomeSafe in My Account then switching this off again as soon as it's active. This should then resolve this particular issue.

Thanks

SenB33
First Timer

Thank you very much indeed, I did what you suggested, I monitored the Sunday nights over 3 weeks without any drop in connection.

Problem solved

Community Team

Hi SenB33,

Thanks for the update 🙂

Thanks