Showing results for 
would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Lost TV Channels following Faster Fibre Upgrade

18 REPLIES 18
CarlFRG
Chatterbox

My Faster Fibre connection went live on 14th June, at which point I immediately lost access to all free to view aerial TV channels. I re-scanned channels to no avail, contacted TalkTalk and then waited a week for the connection to "settle down". I re-scanned again and got some of the channels back, only to lose them all again a day later. Having re-scanned several times since, I still have no fee to view aerial TV channels. I can receive all free to view aerial channels direct to my TV via the aerial connection. Looking at other posts, I am clearly not alone. Please help 

Community Team

Hi CarlFRG,

I'm sorry to hear this. Have you tried resetting the TalkTalk TV box and then retesting this again? This is something that we need to try before trying a replacement box or engineer. I've included the Help Guide below.

Reset TalkTalk TV box to factory settings

Please note - "Please be aware that if you do complete the reset, you’ll lose any programmes you have recorded, any scheduled recordings and any personal settings. This is why we only recommend it as a last resort.

If your box has frozen and requires a restart, you can perform a simple power down by either turning it off at the mains or using the power button at the back of the box."

Thanks

CarlFRG
Chatterbox

Yes, I worked through all of that with Talk Talk. Checked all cables and connections, re-booted my router and YouView box multiple times, and then re-scanned channels.

CarlFRG
Chatterbox

The You View box is working perfectly in every way, except that no aerial tv channels are shooing and are not picked up on channel re-scan.

Community Team
CarlFRG_1964
Chatterbox

I have performed a factory reset and obtained access to 13 aerial free to view channels. This is far short of the 120+ that I previously enjoyed. So I re-tuned and now have 0 again. Please advise next steps. Thanks.

CarlFRG_1964
Chatterbox

I have performed a factory reset and obtained access to 13 aerial free to view channels. This is far short of the 120+ that I previously enjoyed. So I re-tuned and now have 0 again.

The only thing that has changed is my Talk Talk upgrade to Faster Fibre. Please advise next steps. Thanks.

CarlFRG_1964
Chatterbox

I have performed a factory reset and obtained access to 13 aerial free to view channels. This is far short of the 120+ that I previously enjoyed. So I re-tuned and now have 0 again.

The only thing that has changed is the Talk talk upgrade to Faster Fibre. Please advise next steps. Thanks.

Community Team

Hi CarlFRG_1964

I'm really sorry to hear this.

Please can you try removing the aerial and re tuning and then connecting the aerial and doing another re tune?

Thanks

Debbie

CarlFRG_1964
Chatterbox

All done, no joy.

CarlFRG_1964
Chatterbox
It is now more than 2 months since my upgrade to Faster Fibre at which point I lost all connection to any terrestrial TV aerial channels. 

What is the next step? I need this fixed soon, or I will need to terminate  my long relationship with TalkTalk and find an alternative provider.

Thanks
Community Team

Hi

No further action was possible as you did not reply to our last post on 29th July.

Can you add your home phone number to your Community Profile so I can locate your account.

Thanks

Karl. 

hosay299
Insightful One

@CarlFRG_1964 if u let the team on here help they can help sort it best way to go as they will not stop till the issue is sorted once and for all.

just be clear info and keep them informed of any changes. as if the oce can not help then otheres might have some hints on a fix  or a work around

Hope that help Joe R If so then give me a Kudos ( Click the Thumb up Button)
CarlFRG
Chatterbox

Is this the right place to get a solution to this issue? Nearly at the 3 month pint and no joy as yet. 

Can anyone at TalkTalk resolve my missing channels, or do I have to leave after all these years?

thanks

Community Team

Hi @CarlFRG

A replacement TV box is on the way to you to see if this will help.

Thanks

Karl. 

CarlFRG
Chatterbox

Thank you.

Community Team
CarlFRG_1964
Chatterbox

New TV box installed, channels re-tuned three times. Checked all aerial connections and aerial, all appear good. Still no TV aerial channels.

What's next?

Thanks

Community Team

Hi

And does the exact same aerial connection work with your TV ?

Can you check the aerial connector itself to make sure this has not worked loose etc.   

Is there only a single aerial cable with no joins , splitters or amplifiers.  (An amplifier if turned up too much can over amplify the signal causing issues).

Thanks

Karl.