Showing results for 
Show  only  | would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Low upload speed - old firmware version

20 REPLIES 20
Highlighted
Sightseer

Hello,I noticed my upload speed is very very low,sometimes even 0.7. I need at least 2 ,as I am a starting streamer. I looked for fixes and faults and noticed my firmware version is from December 2018. Can I upgrade that somehow?

Highlighted
Community Star

Hi @AndiP ,

For one of the TalkTalk OCE's on this forum to be able to look into this you will need to update your community profile to include your name, landline telephone number & alternative contact number. This will allow them to identify you, and they will then be able to check if your router needs a firmware update, and they could also check your line to see if there are any issues that may be slowing your connection.

Don't post any personal details in this thread, just add them to your community profile.

Then they will hopefully be able to respond to this post tomorrow.

Highlighted
Sightseer

Do you have the information you need now?

Highlighted
Community Star

I'm only a customer, I don't work for TalkTalk, so I can't see your profile, only the staff on this forum can see it, however the little icon in the top right of your avatar indicates your profile is now filled in, so you have probably provided the required info.

Skynet_TX_0-1596053794745.png

One of the staff should hopefully be able to respond to this post tomorrow.

Highlighted
Community Team - TT Staff

Hi AndiP,

Can you please update your community profile to include your:

• TalkTalk Telephone number

We'll then look into this further. Please do not post this information on this thread. Once you've updated your profile please post in your topic to confirm it's updated. 

Thanks

Highlighted
Sightseer

When we bought our subscription we did not choose to have a landline TalkTalk telephone number. We only wanted the internet.

Highlighted
Philosopher

@AndiP  every customer has a landline !

Your broadband, whether ADSL, FTTC or Faster 150 is supplied over that phone line.

Your landline always has a number and you can find it by logging in to you online account, or visiting the Service Centre where it will be displayed.

The fact you have chosen not to plug in an handset does not negate the fact that you have a number.

Staff need it to identify your account details.

Martin
Highlighted
Community Star
Also, if you do happen to have a phone you can plug into the socket, you can dial 17070 and it will read back your phone number
Highlighted
Sightseer

I found it on my account. I updated my profile. 

Highlighted
Sightseer

So..can I get someone to take a look and see if they can upgrade my firmware version to something newer than December 2018?

Highlighted
Sightseer

Hello,I noticed my upload speed is very very low,sometimes even 0.7. I need at least 2 ,as I am a starting streamer. I looked for fixes and faults and noticed my firmware version is from December 2018. Can I upgrade that somehow?

[I am reposting this since my last post never got answered again]

Highlighted
Philosopher

As far as I know there are no firmware issues that cause upload speed problems.

Exactly what router do you have and what is it's current firmware version ?

Are you on ADSL or Fibre and what is your upstream line rate ?

Martin
Highlighted
Sightseer

It says I am on VDSL and my Link Rate is on 9999/39999 Kbps.

Highlighted
Community Star

What router model do you have ?

What is present firmware release ?

Firmware is auto updated by TalkTalk so should be up to date

Turn router offline for 35 mins, then power back on and inform what the speed ratings are after connection.

This info will be required for an OCE to work against.

They will be available Monday morning.

Highlighted
Sightseer

Router Model is DSL-3782.

Firmware version is v1.10t ,dated December 2018 ,as shown in the document attached.

Also,tried the 35 minute modem stopping and it did not do anything at all.. several times. Nothing changes.

Highlighted
Community Star

Hi

An OCE will pickup when available on Monday.

The up to date firmware level you need is version 1.19t

They should be able to manual upgrade you firmware  to correct level

Highlighted
Community Team - TT Staff

Hi AndiP

I've checked and your router has the latest firmware version. Would you like me to send a replacement router for testing to see how the connection/speed compares?

Thanks

Debbie

Highlighted
Sightseer

I am checking the firmware version by typing my router ip adress into my brwoser. My firmware version still shows that I have v1.10t, from December 2018. Maybe a replacement router would fix the problem. How can we arrange that?

Highlighted
Sightseer

Hello? Can I get an answer back regarding the router?

Highlighted
Community Star

Hi, it is best to just leave your topic for an OCE to reply, as each time you post a new reply it pushes it back down their work queue and will delay them getting to your post.