Showing results for 
Show  only  | would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Lower Fibre Speed after fault repaired.

18 REPLIES 18
Highlighted
Team Player

I had a fault with intermittent fibre connection for approximately three weeks. However the fault was repaired by OpenReach on the 12th July. The landline no longer crackles and fibre is now stable.Prior to the fault my fibre speed was in the mid to low twenties, now it appears to be stuck at 15 mbps. I was hoping that DLM would have increased the speed in the three days after the fault was repaired, this does not seem to be the case. I turned off my WiFi Hub for 35 minutes this morning and rebooted hoping to start another session. The speed has not increased and still remains at 15mbps, I am now hoping that I have not returned the DLM to restart it's process again.

Highlighted
Community Team - TT Staff

Hi Yorky678

I'm sorry to hear this.

Please can you connect the router at the test socket without rebooting the router for at least 48hrs? We can then check the connection stats again to see if DLM starts to increase the speed in this set up.

Thanks

Debbie

Highlighted
Team Player

Hi Debbie

Thank you for your quick response. I have done as you requested and connected directly to the test socket. I will continue to monitor the speed over the next 48 hours and see if this has any effect.

Regards

Yorky678

Highlighted

Hi Yorky678

Thank you, if you post back on this thread on Wednesday then I can check the connection stats again to see if DLM has made any changes to the speed/profile.

Debbie

Highlighted
Team Player

Hi Debbie

I connected my router directly to the test socket as you requested without any reboots for 48hrs.

I have just logged into my router and can see that there have been no disconnections, also that there have been no improvements in the speed since the repair on the 12th July. The download speed remains the same at 15Mbps and upload at 4.3 Mbps.

Regards

Yorky678

Highlighted

Hi Yorky678

Thanks for your reply.

Apologies that the speed hasn't increased. Can I just check what speed you were receiving before you experienced this fault? I will then escalate this over to our Network Team for investigation.

Thanks

Debbie

Highlighted
Team Player

Hi Debbie

Prior to the fault developing the speed was between 20-25 Mbps. This was after the previous fault had been repaired in March. Do I still need to leave the router in the test socket?

Regards Yorky678 

Highlighted

Hi Yorky678

Thanks for your reply.

I have passed this over to our Network Team and I will post back on this thread as soon as I receive further information.

You can now connect the router in your usual set up.

Thanks

Debbie

Highlighted

Hi Yorky678

The next step will be to arrange an Openreach engineer visit to complete further investigations.

I'm just sending you a Private Message to confirm some details so we can arrange this visit.

Thanks

Debbie

Highlighted

Hi Yorky678

I'm unable to send you a Private Message. Can I just check if you have Private Messages enabled?

Thanks

Debbie

Highlighted
Team Player

Hi Debbie

I do not think that I have private messaging enabled, is it something an OCE has to activate for me?

Yorky678

Highlighted

Hi

This is usually enabled by default but I see an issue with your community profile.  I'll email this over to our manager to get the profile amended and then we can send the PM.

Thanks

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

WEAR A MASK      -      WASH YOUR HANDS      -      SOCIAL DISTANCE

Highlighted

All done.  I'll send the PM for an engineer booking.

Thanks

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

Highlighted

Hi

Request has been passed over to networks.  Will update you when a booking is confirmed.

Thanks

Karl. 

Working From Home Tips

Highlighted

Hi @Yorky678

Engineer has been booked for Friday 19th AM slot. 

Thanks

Karl. 

Working From Home Tips

Highlighted
Team Player

Hi Karl

Thank you for the update regarding the OpenReach  visit.

Just hope the issue is resolved in the near future.

Regards

Yorky678

Highlighted

Hi Yorky678

Please let us know how you get on following this visit.

Thanks

Debbie

Highlighted
Team Player

Hi Debbie

OpenReach have been this morning and carried out further checks on the line. 

Everything is running fine since the repair but the DLM required a reset.

Download is now 21.2Mbps and Upload is 7.1Mbps after the reset and may increase further once everything is settled. Thank you for your help in resolving the matter.

Regards

Yorky678

Highlighted

Hi Yorky678

Thanks for keeping us updated 🙂

Please let us know if you do experience any further issues.

Debbie