Showing results for 
Show  only  | would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Meant to go fibre today cannot get online

6 REPLIES 6
Highlighted
Chatterbox

Switch on date today 24th April signal went off this AM (orange light) then got email saying i was connected to fibre but router will not go back to white Restarted router- reset router- reconnected all wires from phone socket - waited one hour- tried service centre said please get in touch with phone number then terminates my phone call after a couple of menu choices This is second time Talktalk have tried upgrading me and failed!!

Nick Booth

Nicholas Booth
Highlighted
Community Team - TT Staff

Hi Nick,

Sorry for the delayed reply, we're doing our best in these unprecedented circumstances due to the Corona virus to answer everyone as quickly as possible.

Do you have a dial tone?

Can you please update your community profile to include your:

• TalkTalk Telephone number

We'll then look into this further. Please do not post this information on this thread. Once you've updated your profile please post in your topic to confirm it's updated. 

Thanks

Highlighted
Chatterbox

Was due to be online with fibre on 24th (had previous connection - fine) Service interupted presumably the changeover, email came up saying your online off you go but router stayed orange did resets - contacted tech adviser they suggested wait 24 hours, no good - contacted tech adviser they said router fault, so new one arrived (2 days later) still no change  - contacted tech adviser who said was restriction on line and a case supervisor would call within 72 hours. That has also now gone and no call. Without internet for 8 days and my wife is key worker (teacher) who has to set work over internet

Feeling frustrated and angry

Nicholas Booth

Hi Nick26756,

I'm sorry for any inconvenience caused by this issue, I can see it's now been logged out to Openreach for investigation, apologies again for any inconvenience 

Chris

Highlighted
Chatterbox

Open reach have been Took 2 hours checking box, exchange and my house He got signal on his meter and said it is an Authentication PPP issue and needs a new build of the line. Unfortunately I cannot get onto Talktalk phone line as they cut off if not a registered priority risk so was wondering if you can get this moving at the Talktalk end. It is getting VERY frustrating and needs to be solved quickly otherwise I will look round at other companies, having just not had the service advertised by Talktalk.

Nicholas Booth
Highlighted
Chatterbox
within one hour of leaving the open reach engineer Fred had been onto Talktalk by phone where as i couldnt get a phone line through and sorted the build I now have internet HOORAY after what seems an interminaable process wow if i knew today a week ago I would not either of upgraded or stayed with Talktalk
Signed one disgruntled customer
Nicholas Booth
Highlighted

Hi

Glad to hear this is resolved now, and sorry it took a little longer than it should to be resolved.

Thanks  

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

STAY HOME      -      PROTECT THE NHS      -      SAVE LIVES