would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Migrating to TalkTalk today (Day 1 Lockdown!) - timings

28 REPLIES 28
Highlighted
Team Player

Hi

I'm due to move to TalkTalk Fibre Broadband today - bad timings I know, but I didn't know we'd be in total country lockdown when I placed the order!!

It looks like my previous provider (BT) switched off the broadband at 8am this morning, but I still have a voice service from them (I can only make outgoing calls though, not receive incoming ones).

Do you know how long the migration should take?  When I've moved from BT to TalkTalk before (usually flip every 18 months) it's only taken a few minutes before I'm back up and running again.

Regards

Matt

Highlighted
Community Team

Hi Matt,

Thanks for your post. You could go live any time up to midnight on your activation day. If you still have no connection in the next hour or so then post back here and we can check this again for you.

Thanks

Highlighted
Team Player
Hi Michelle

Thanks for coming back, have left it an hour. Still can't take incoming calls and still no internet showing up on the TalkTalk router.

Thanks
Matt
Highlighted
Team Player

Hi @OCE_Michelle 

Have left it a few more hours now and the current status is

1) Telephone now working and will take incoming and outgoing calls.

2) Broadband still not obtaining an IP lease.  

I reset the router around 13:30 and when it came back up it continues to show (as it has all morning)

DSL sync status: Up

Connection status: Showtime

Upstream line: 9997

Downstream line: 46125

Max upstream line: 10830

Max downstream line: 52792

Upstream noise: 6.4

Downstream noise: 3.0

Line standard: Vdsl2_ANNEX_B

Upstream line atten: 5.8

Downstream line atten: 15.4

Upstream power out: 7.3

Downstream output power: 12.0

The IPv4 info shows

1_TR069_Internet_R_ADSL_0/38 - disconnected

2_IPTV_R_ADSL_0/65 - disconnected

3_TR069_IPTV_Internet_R_VDSL_VID_101 - connecting (VLAN 101 Priority 0)

4_TR069_IPTV_Internet_R_GE_VID_ - Disconnected

On WAN stats under WAN Name 3 there's nothing under any of the RX transmissions, and under the TX there a number of Bytes / Packets against line 3 (the one which keeps trying to connect).

Any ideas from your side whether it looks like it's all complete and I have a problem, or if the migration is still in progress?

Highlighted
Team Player
Just a further update on this for future reference. I’ve spoken via online chat and been advised that the service won’t move across until 22:00 (which is the same time as the online help service switches off), so looks like I’ll need to check again in the morning.

Hope I’m not ending up like this user

https://community.talktalk.co.uk/t5/Fibre-Broadband/Broadband-Authentication-error/td-p/2433815/page...

Matt
Highlighted
Team Player

@OCE_Michelle 

@OCE_Karl 

So, received this email overnight

“ Hello Matt,
We're just letting you know we've come across a problem getting your services up and running, but we're doing everything we can to get this sorted.

Don't worry, there's nothing you need to do. We'll let you know as soon as we can if this will affect your go-live date.”

It clearly has already affected my launch date as it’s now a day late.

Can you see what has gone wrong and when it Is likely to be fixed?

Regards

Matt

Highlighted
Community Team

Hi Matt,

It's just showing at our end that there's a delay in processing, I'll check again later for further updates 

Chris

Highlighted
Team Player

Thanks for coming back @OCE_Chris 

I've been on Chat with the helpteam since 8am this morning, the router is picking up a DSL sync so I don't think there's an issue with the actual line.

It's either

1) TalkTalk haven't authorised allocation of an IP address to my account (do they still use Radius Auth?) so I cannot connect. Feels like a software issue which could be easily resolved in a few minutes

2) When the line switch took place (Openreach?) only moved the voice side of the circuit, so BT are still providing the broadband hence why it's syncing but not (but have obviously disconnected my account as I'm not longer paying them). Not sure if that is a physical switch, or done also via software by OR?

Online chat are looking at getting an engineer out......

Highlighted
Community Team

Hi mattb75,

Sorry about this, looks as though there has been an issue with the engineer appointment booking, looks like it hasn't gone through 

I'll try to get an update from our Provisioning team and let you know

Chris

Highlighted
Team Player
Best not show that to any others in the house it will tip them over the edge.

Just hoping my Three Mobile will keep us tethered until they've fixed the issue...
Highlighted
Community Team

Sorry, I'll let you know when I have any more info

Chris

Highlighted
Team Player

Hi @OCE_Chris 

Have you heard anything else ref this?

I'm getting a bit confused over who is doing what with this issue.

I messaged through chat this morning and after a very lengthy chat doing the usual diagnostics checks with the router, master socket, test socket and microfilters it ended up with the agent advising an Engineer would be visiting the house on Friday 27th March morning.

I then received a follow-up text message saying that following my engineer visit (which I've not yet had) I may still be experiencing issues with my connection - so I gave all the same information again and they advised the issue had been escalated to Fault Management Department and when was the best time for an engineer to visit.

I advised them via the text that the webchat agent had advised I was already scheduled to have an engineer visit on Friday 27th March AM and given my line was showing a DSL sync could they check what the actual status of the handover was.

I've not had an update from the text since 11:30 after they advised they needed a moment to check that.

I've since re-read your comment @OCE_Chris  (Post 10) about the issue being due to the engineer appointment booking not going through.  If that is the case, it's a bit worrying that the Web Chat team couldn't see that information.

Do I now need to wait until the potential appointment on Friday 27th March for a rescheduled migration, or are the Provisioning team able to do something else between now and then to get the service up and running - negating the need for the appointment on Friday.

Appreciate at this time in particular it's going to be difficult to get a clear picture of who's working on what, believe me if I'd been able to cancel the switch after the lockdown was announced I would have done as I expected I'd end up having issues!!

Thanks in advance for some clarity on all this.

Highlighted
Community Team

Hi mattb75,

I've received an update from our provisioning team, I'm sorry about this but they've said that the order is delayed with the Openreach fibre team, they've said they don't know at the moment how long the delay will be. Could you bump the thread tomorrow and we'll check to see if there have been any further updates

Chris 

Highlighted
Team Player

Hi @OCE_Chris 

Appreciate the update.

Will nudge tomorrow morning as requested.

Have a good evening and stay safe.

Kind regards

Matt

Highlighted
Team Player

Morning

No overnight updates from TalkTalk via email or text regarding the progress of my order.

@OCE_Chris  - are you able to see if there' been any further update from the TalkTalk Provisioning team or from Openreach Fibre from your side?

Regards
Matt

Highlighted
Community Team

Hi Matt,

There are no further updates at the moment, I'll check again later 

Chris

Highlighted
Team Player

Thanks @OCE_Chris 

Are you able to see that an Openreach engineer is booked in for tomorrow (27th March 2020, AM).

The webchat agent yesterday advised I would have an engineer appointment, aside from the webchat text I fortunately took a copy of, I've had no notification of a visit through email or text and the text message follow-up conversations I had yesterday after the webchat seemed to indicate that I'd already had an engineer visit.

mattb75_0-1585215659294.png

If you could confirm that there's is an appointment scheduled that would be most helpful.

Regards
Matt

Highlighted
Community Team

The agent did book the engineer but the visit was automatically cancelled a short time after, that's why you received the text message. apologies for any confusion

Chris

Highlighted
Team Player

Thanks @OCE_Chris 

So if the appointment is cancelled, who's actively working on getting the service connected?

I'd hoped that during Friday morning's Openreach engineer visit they would have looked at the account and identified the migration hadn't been completed they would have been able to resolve it pretty easily.

If that is not now happening, how much longer will it be before Openreach Fibre will be aware there's an outstanding migration on the line and complete the work?

We are getting by on mobile hotspots at the moment for work purposes, but it's not sustainable as we'll run out of data allowances shortly.

Regards

Matt