Showing results for 
would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Missed BT/Openreach Engineer Visit

11 REPLIES 11
phillip151
Conversation Starter

As in the title. My Appointment was 1-6 PM today. No one has turned up, no phone call, no SMS, nothing!!!

Community Team

Hi phillip151

I'm really sorry to hear this.

I've contacted our Network Team in regards to this missed visit and I will post back on this thread as soon as I receive further information.

Thanks

Debbie

Community Team

Hi phillip151

Our Network Team have advised that this missed visit appears to be related to a system issue. Apologies for this.

We will need to re book this engineer visit. I'm just sending you a Private Message to confirm some details so I can arrange this visit.

Thanks

Debbie

Community Team

Hi phillip151

Further to my last post, our Network Team have now passed this to a BT Openreach line engineer to complete some further investigations.

We should receive further updates within the next 48hrs.

Thanks

Debbie

phillip151
Conversation Starter

Sent you a pm with my details.

I would like to know why no-one contacted me. I also received no phone call or message the day before the appointment. 

Image2.jpg

Community Team

Hi phillip151

Apologies, as this was a system issue we were not aware of it until you advised that the appointment had been missed.

A BT Openreach line engineer is currently investigating this fault.

Thanks

Debbie

Community Team

Hi phillip151

I've requested an update on this fault from our Network Team and I will post back on this thread as soon as I receive further information.

Thanks

Debbie

Community Team

Hi phillip151

Our Network Team have advised that this fault is still being investigated by BT Openreach and we should have further updates on Monday.

Thanks

Debbie

phillip151
Conversation Starter

Thanks Debbie.

This will now be entering the fourth week since I have reported the still ongoing problem with drop in connection and landline. 

Will I be able to request a rebook of a BT Engineer on here as per private message you sent me?

Phil

Community Team

Hi Phil

Apologies for the delay.

BT Openreach may be able to resolve this fault without arranging a visit. We should have further information on Monday. If an engineer is required after the BT Openreach investigation then I will arrange this visit for you.

Thanks

Debbie

phillip151
Conversation Starter

Engineer called today out of the blue. Good job I was at home!  It wasn't booked!!! he just turned up unannounced!!! Apparently he found a fault with the wiring UP TO my master socket. He switched a pair of wires and it was all good for TWO HOURS up until after he left. Two hours later and now I have no phone (no dial tone) and still intermittent broadband! Yet his line check initally found a fault. which supposedly he fixed! NO>>>>> 

After he switched a couple pairs of wires it was fine for TWO HOURS! Now I have no phone (No dial tone) but I have intermittent  internet AGAIN!!!

This is getting beyond a joke. I have had to put up with intermittent broadband and phone line for nearly four weeks!!! Two Talk Talk engineers and now two BT engineers. I will cancel my contract as you have had more than enough time to sort the problem. One (now two) BT engineer visits. One visit was missed with no explanation/apology even though I waited at home all day! Yet you think it's ok to charge up to £65 for us (the customer) to pay you if we miss the appontment!

I will now give you (Talk Talk) one weeks notice from todays date 02/03/2019 to... Fix my internet and my phone line (which I am paying for under contract) OR I will cancel my direct debit.  THEN, I will take YOU to the small claims court for breach of contract... (you have not provided me with the service I am paying for and the guaranteed download speed). Sale of goods act, unfit for purpose etc.

You now have up until the 9th March 2019 to supply me with a reliable connection at a minimum speed of 35 Mbps as in our contract. OR I will terminate my contract with you. 

Community Team

Hi Phil

Apologies for this.

Sometimes the line engineer will attend at the property once they have completed their investigations on the line. They don't arrange a visit for this. If no one was home then they would then contact us to arrange a visit.

Is the no dialtone fault still present?

Thanks

Debbie