Showing results for 
would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

More speed isssues

7 REPLIES 7
TriggRNC
Team Player

From about 16:00pm my faster fibre internet speed dropped from between 61/66mbps down and 19mbps up to [currently] around 25 down and 9 up.  It is staying around the same speed so far with minor fluctuations.

There was an engineer out today fixing the guy upstairs new BT Fibre and the speed dropped as he'd finished the job.  Could be coincidence as this is the third time I've had this same error in the last few months and it always seems to start when it is wet and windy.  It is annoying to have had similar problem three times.

Divsec
Community Star

Hi Trigg, how were things resolved previously?

Regards Divsec, I don't work here, know little, and have too many opinions.
TriggRNC
Team Player

Other than engineer visits [2 in the more recent case]  Other than that I don't know exactly what they said the fault was other than the first of 2 visits it was fixed for about 2 hours before  recverting and was corrosion in the box where the cables enter the house..  

Downloads dropped to 22mbps and I have no dialtone.

Also, this might be related it might not, earlier this week the part you put to your ear on the landline phone [it's oldschool] got knocked off and there is no way I accidentally dialled anyone as I wasn't close and voices started to come out of the handset for 30 minutes or so till I replaced the handset.

Community Team

Hi TriggRNC,

I'm sorry to hear this. As a voice fault can affect the speed, I've raised the no dial tone fault straight over to our Network Team now for further investigation. I will let you know as soon as I receive an update back.

Thanks

Community Team

Hi TriggRNC,

I've received an update to advise that the fault has been passed to BTOR for further investigation.

Thanks

TriggRNC
Team Player

Thank you Michelle.

TriggRNC
Team Player

This issue now seems to have been fixed.  An Openreach engineer has been working away for a while this morning/early PM.

Thanks to all concerned.

Community Team

Hi TriggRNC,

I'm glad to hear this and thanks for the update.

Thanks