Showing results for 
Show  only  | would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Moving phone socket

14 REPLIES 14
Highlighted
Chat Champion

Hi. We are having new windows fitted and need the old socket moving . At present it is fitted to window frame with no spare cable .can this be changed for a master socket.

PaulH
Highlighted
Wizz Kid
I know I will get my legs slapped but if you know what you’re doing it’s a simple task to move/install in new place with Master Socket but in theory anything before the master socket outlet is BTs/Openreach domain. But I never said move it, only saying simple task (in theory 😉
Highlighted
Philosopher

It'll cost you and an appointment can take in excess of 2 weeks.

"Openreach engineers can also install and replace master sockets if requested. This is chargeable at £128.40"

Martin
Highlighted
Chat Champion

There’s still a lot of old wires floating around the original box which they then Connected some into new box. Tried disconnecting one wire. Phone went dead so left it.

PaulH
Highlighted
Community Team - TT Staff

Hi Paul,

I'm sorry for the delay. This would be classed as a Low Volume Request (LVR)

Openreach engineers can also install and replace master sockets if requested. This is chargeable at £128.40.

If you would like to go ahead then please let us know and we can confirm some details with you.

Thanks

Highlighted
Chat Champion

Thanks for reply.We wish to go ahead as socket has to be moved. Thanks

PaulH
Highlighted

Hi Paul,

I've sent you a PM to confirm some details

Thanks

Chris

Highlighted

Thanks for the information. I've passed this over to our network team and asked them to book the earliest appointment available. I'll let you know when I receive an update 

Thanks
Chris

Highlighted

Hi Paul,

Our network team have asked if you can give a date when you can be available for the visit. Unfortunately we can't guaranteed that you'll get this date but we'll ask

Thanks

Chris

Highlighted
Chat Champion

We can be available any day and time that’s convenient.

PaulH
Highlighted

Thanks Paul, I'll pass that on to our network team

Chris

Highlighted
Wizz Kid

@Paul661 

Make sure they fit a new , NTE 5C Master Socket with a  MK4 VDSL Faceplate. 

757F0DF1-69F9-481A-9340-13E2F44FD10C.jpeg

Highlighted

Hi Paul661,

Just a quick update. I'm still trying to arrange the LVR, I'll let you know when I have any further information 

Chris

Highlighted
Chat Champion

Hi.Open reach engineer has fitted new phone socket.he asks can you do a DLN Reset. He also said there must have been a faulty line for a long time. Thanks

PaulH
Highlighted

Hi Paul,

Glad to hear the engineer has fitted your new socket. I'm afraid we can't reset DLM but DLM monitors your line 24/7 and if there's any improvement it should move you to a faster profile automatically

Chris