Showing results for 
Show  only  | would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Moving to TT FROM Virgin

4 REPLIES 4
MrsMooChick
First Timer

We have an engineer booked for installation of a fibre package, but I was just wondering if TT will install their own cable or can they somehow adapt the Virgin cable which is already installed and running through to the different rooms? 

Thanks 😊 

Gliwmaeden2
Community Star

The infrastructure to the house is completely different,  @MrsMooChick. The socket system for Openreach serviced ISPs is different from the Virgin cables internally too.

Staff will reply during the week. They will need to identify your account. 

Please complete your community forum profile details. Go via your avatar/name; settings; put in the Talktalk landline number assigned with your order and a fallback mobile phone number; click finish to save. 

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.
MrsMooChick
First Timer
Thank you for that information - we’ve had the router sent ready but I’ve not done anything with it as our phone line was running through the Virgin cable not through the master bt socket, so I thought it might be the same for TT?
Gliwmaeden2
Community Star

I suspect that until the engineer is actually there, you won't know for sure. Best not to post further before staff reach this,  as each new post pushes your thread back in the queue!

They work from oldest to newest posts!

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.
OCE_Debbie
Community Team - TT Staff

Hi MrsMooChick

The engineer will most likely install new cables going into the property and a master socket.

When is your engineer visit arranged for?

Thanks

Debbie