Thanks for picking this up. We are on ‘the list’ for a call back from one of the Fault Managers (again).
I saw an OR engineer working on the cabinet in our street, so seized my opportunity to have a chat . . .
Our services DO ‘run through’ the cabinet in our street, so I’m told it IS possible to re-route our data services through Cabinet 35, which WILL solve our speed issues, whilst leaving our voice connection connected to Cabinet 5.
However, it relies on TalkTalk giving OpenReach instructions to do just that; trying to explain that to the call agents/live chat is proving impossible.
Thanks in in advance for your help : )
I called to chase this morning . . .
After a 40 minute call in which it went from, “someone from our Manchester Team should be calling you”, to “it’s no longer a technical issue as we’ve established the line is not fit for repair”, to “I can see there is already a new order been placed “ to we’re going to send an engineer” . . .
The end result being an appointment of a ‘Senior OpenReach Engineer’ . . . (Note ‘Senior’) 😉 for Wednesday “to confirm the necessity of (yet another) Cease & Re-Provide” . . .
Wednesday can’t come soon enough . . .
@OCE_Michelle And to add yet more frustration, I’ve just received a ‘confirmation of our appointment’ txt confirming an engineer for *Thursday* . . .
Yet again another phone call . . . I wonder how long this one will last . . .
Senior OpenReach Engineer last week came and confirmed for TalkTalk it was possible to re-route services and sent back a request for this to happen. Was told I don’t need to do anything, TalkTalk will be in touch. Sure enough, I received a Text asking me to contact to arrange an OpenReach engineer appointment, which I did for today.
Engineer arrived this morning and has been unable to re-route our services as first thought and have said that we would need to go through another full cease and re-provide and ensure that we get provided from the nearer cabinet; and has phoned TalkTalk to explain this . . .
Lets see what happens . . .
Thanks for the Update. Please let us know if the teams contact you to progress this.
Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.
STAY HOME - PROTECT THE NHS - SAVE LIVES
Oh @OCE_Karl the team have certainly been in touch . . .
Frustrated isn’t even the word!
BT Engineer came knocking on our door again after he left us this morning, phone in hand with TalkTalk on the other end, wanting to process our Cease. Cease processed for the 5th August, we were told someone would call later to arrange the re-provide, which they duly did . . .
When the Agent on the end rung, he was totally befuddled as according to his system ‘there are no fibre services available at our address’.
’But we currently have a Fibre contract’ was my response . . .
’No, you don’t . . . *silence* . . . Do you?’
’Yes, we do. It’s due to cease on the 5th’
Then we went round in circles a few time, with the agent still being adamant that services were unavailable at our address, he transferred me to a Fault Manager.
Cue the ‘have you tried replacing the router?’, ‘have you had an engineer attend?’ questions. “YES, YES & YES”!
According to said Fault Manager, the reason that no services are available is because we need to wait for the Cease to fully complete to free up the line . . .
That wasn’t the case last time we were ceased and re-provided, to which he just repeated we have to wait for the cease to complete and then someone will phone the day after to arrange the reprovide, meaning potential days without internet whatsoever.
Thinking about it, could a possible explanation be that OpenReach have already started the process of re-routing as services, thus removed our address from the cabinet (which is why the system is saying ‘there are no services available’) and not yet moved it across?
Are your systems able to see such information?
The thought of trying to ask the CS agents such a question, fills me with dread and I don’t have a spare two hours 😉
Thanks again 🙂
I'm really sorry to hear this.
I think we should escalate this complaint to our CEO's Office so this can be discussed and managed by a Complaints Manager. Would you like me to arrange this?
Yes please, I did ask the Live Agents if I could escalate complaint higher, but was told it’s already with the highest possible level. 🤷🏻♂️
How quickly can I expect contact; my concern is the Cease is still due to happen on 5th, with no date to re-provide. I don’t want to be left with no service whatsoever.
No call from CEO office yet . . . however there is a glimmer of hope . . .
I received a call from our latest OpenReach engineer (who I have to say has gone above and beyond for us).
He’s told us that, unbeknown to him at the time he requested the Cease & Re-provide, there was already a migration planned on our account, which is due to complete on 12th August and will *fingers crossed* solve all our issues.
I’ve been advised the next step is to cancel the planned cease . . .
Is it a case now of waiting for that CEO office call??