Showing results for 
Show  only  | would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

My internet is not working

5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted
Chatterbox

Hi! I have been without internet since 14th September. At first it was just dropping WiFi signal randomly and about two weeks ago my WiFi connection died completely and with it my wired connection to my Xbox and PC. I have been in touch with TalkTalk’s chat but they were telling me that on their end all looks good. When it died completely it was also all looking good. After hours on the phone they decided to send out the engineer but due to availability it wouldn’t happen until 10th October. 
As you can imagine this is not ideal situation and I find it difficult to understand that something that easy can’t be resolved any sooner. 
mom top of this they told me that I can’t cancel my contract as I have to give them 28 days to resolve the issue. This is just ridiculous. I have no TV, no internet, nothing. I live in poor mobile reception area so I am completely cut out from everything. My kids can’t do their homework properly etc. No one in TalkTalk would listen. 
I am hoping that the engineer doesn’t arrive on Monday and I will be able to cancel the contract without penalty and get my money back for last month too. 
I’m not an expert but symptoms would suggest the router. All they had to do is sent out a replacement router. If this didn’t work, I could at least say that they shown some good will. 
After all the tests they ran, I can’t even connect to the router anymore. 
can anyone suggest speedier resolution?

Adrianna
Highlighted
Community Team - TT Staff

Hi ciecho,

I'm sorry for the delay. I've run a test on the line which hasn't detected a fault. How are you getting on? Would you like us to send a replacement router for testing purposes to rule this out?

Thanks

Highlighted
Chatterbox

Hi Michelle,

Thank you for your e-mail. My internet od still not working and at this point I cannot even connect to it. It has a blue light on with periodical flashes of red. Then back to blue but no connection is possible. 
I tried wired connection and this doesn’t work either. 

If you could send the router so I could test it, it would be great. I honestly think that it is a router.

Adrianna
Highlighted

Hi

A router is on the way to you.

Can you also check the home phone and make sure there is a clear Dial tone.

Thanks  

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

WEAR A MASK      -      WASH YOUR HANDS      -      SOCIAL DISTANCE

Highlighted
Chatterbox

Hi Karl,

thank you very much. 
Landline works as good as ever. Tone is clear. No issues there. 

Adrianna
Highlighted

Hi

that's excellent.  I always like to rule out any line noise as this can impact a broadband connection.

Next step is to test with the new router as soon as it arrives.

Thanks  

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

WEAR A MASK      -      WASH YOUR HANDS      -      SOCIAL DISTANCE