My sagecom5364

12 REPLIES 12
Highlighted
Team Player

has it been updated?.

gannite180
Highlighted
Community Star

I assume that you are talking about its firmware, what version is yours running?

Keith
I am not employed by TalkTalk, I'm just a customer. If my post has fixed the issue, please mark it as the Best Answer.
OCE's and Community Stars - Who are they? 

Highlighted
Team Player

Sorry i did not explain very well. What i meant was that on running Wi-Fi scanner it showed my max rate was 450Mbps but before it was 215Mbps. I don`t know why it has changed.

gannite180
Highlighted
Community Star

Then please send me screenshots from the analyser & tell me your SSID (network name). I will need:-

2.4GHz channels (with your SSID selected if the analyser allows it)

5GHz channels (with your SSID selected if the analyser allows it)

AP View

Signal strength/time graph.

Keith
I am not employed by TalkTalk, I'm just a customer. If my post has fixed the issue, please mark it as the Best Answer.

Highlighted
Team Player

Keith i do not know how to do that.

gannite180
Highlighted
Community Star

Before I can answer that, I need to know what Wi-Fi analyser are you using?

Keith

Highlighted
Team Player

Keith i use Lizard Sytems wi-fi scanner. i have saved copy to Libre office but i don`t know how to send it to you.

gannite180
Highlighted
Community Star

I haven't heard of that analyser, but anyway, in LibreOffice export it to a PDF & attach it to the bottom of your reply (the paper clip icon).

Keith

Highlighted
Team Player

Keith i hope this works, here are my wi-fi results.

gannite180
Highlighted
Community Star

Please use one of the analysers here, they are much easier to work with.

Please see my attached guide on Wi-Fi interference & initially look at the section called "Are you suffering from interference – prove it first". This section includes full details of Wi-Fi analysers that I recommend for Windows, Windows phone, Android and Apple operating systems. However, I have no way of testing the Apple product. Do not worry about interpreting the results, I will do that for you.

Please post the screenshots that I have requested in my guide (no photos please they can be difficult to read as text can get out of focus when zoomed), from the analyser you are using (also in my attached guide). Please ensure that the analyser window is maximised (if Windows) before taking the screenshots & upload them via the "Insert Photos" button on the post editor's toolbar as large images. If they are too small, I will not be able to read them & although I can enlarge them, this just puts the text out of focus. If you prefer PM them to me. If you do PM me, then please add a link in there to this thread, so as I can find it easily.

Keith

Highlighted
Team Player

Keith thanks for your help,i think i will just forget about it.

gannite180
Highlighted
Community Star

Why?

From your point of view, it is easy. All you have to do is choose the analyser of your choice from those I list in my guide & follow my instructions to get me the few screenshots.

I do all the complex hard work.

Keith

Highlighted
Team Player

Keith i have decided to forget about it. Thanks for your help.

gannite180