Showing results for 
Show  only  | would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

My sagemcom 5364 router wont connect to internet

8 REPLIES 8
Highlighted
Chatterbox

Hello my wifi is currently not working the line is ok and internet is able to get to the router but nothing from the router. Windows troubleshooting finds that the DNS server may be unavailable.

After accessing the GUI i find that the router is not automatically obtaining DNS values. I have since tried to input these manually both to 79.79.79.79 / 79.79.79.80 and 8.8.8.8 / 8.8.4.4 however neither work.

This is my second router so please don't suggest I need another router. I have been without internet for 2 weeks now so a fast response will be greatly appreciated 

Highlighted
Problem Solver

I assume that this is a PC/ laptop that you can connect to the router via wifi but can't connect to the net because of a DNS error?

If so try this refreshing the network settings on the PC.

To do that hold the Windows key and press R.

Type CMD or Command Prompt and you should see a window above with Command Prompt in it. Right click it and run as Administrator.

When the Command Prompt window opens type the following hitting enter after each line and allow the command to execute.

ipconfig/flushdns

ipconfig/renew

nbtstat -R

nbtstat -RR

netsh int ip reset c:\resetlog.txt

netsh winsock reset

Restart the PC and then hold Windows key and hit R.

Type ncpa.cpl and right click your adaptor.

Select Disable.

Right click the network adaptor again and select enable.

Restart the PC again and see if it now works.

Fritz

Highlighted
Chatterbox

Not the case not a single one my my devices can connect to the internet as the router is solid orange.

Highlighted
Chatterbox

After reading further online it seems that the issue is with the router not syncing, can someone please look into this as I have had endless chats with talk talk on various systems to be told to turn it off and on again. Clearly the problem is abit more complex than this. I have tried the original and new identical routers in the master socket to no success. Like i said earlier the line is fine and there seems to be no noise on the line at all.

Can someone please look into the config side and help me with this issue. I feel like just cancelling my account.

Highlighted
Problem Solver

Solid orange light means that the router is trying to verify your account...but in your case failing. So you don't have internet to the router (you said you did in your original post) so any DNS changes are obviously going to be pointless.

Are you getting any WAN info from logging into the router UI?

Bottom line is that you'll need an OCE to pick this up but unfortunately they aren't going to be around until tomorrow morning so you'll have to bear with it a little longer.

Make sure your profile is up to date as they'll need the info to link your forum post to your actual account.

Fritz

Highlighted
Chatterbox

If by WAN you mean am i able to see my other devices then yes, I shall also update my account now

Highlighted
Community Team - TT Staff

Hi Jcwills

Apologies for the delay.

I can see that this fault has been raised. Have our Faults Team contacted you in regards to arranging an engineer visit?

Thanks

Debbie

Highlighted
Chatterbox

Hello Debbie,

Thanks for your reply. I now do currently have an engineer scedueled to visit on thursday. I have been told many things over the last couple days including it is the router but then the replacement doesnt fix the issue.

I was said it may be the line eventhough i have dial tone and can make and receive calls.

And that all my problems can be resolved from turning my router off and on which it doesnt.

I am just looking for any more information regarding my fault so I can better understand my predicament.

Thanks

Jack

Highlighted
Community Team - TT Staff

Hi Jack

Thanks for your reply.

If all testing has been completed with a different router at the test socket then this would then require an engineer visit to complete further investigations.

Please let us know how you get on following this visit.

Thanks

Debbie