cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Want to know how to get the most out of our community?

Hey, I'm Michelle and I wanted to tell you about our community and how it's packed full of useful information, answers and has a horde of active members waiting to help or just to say hey! We know forums can be a little daunting at times, so here are some of my useful tips to help you get the most out of the community:

Get Searching

Search is the quickest way to locate the information you're after, use the big red box above. If you don't find what you're after you can always post your own question.

Search now

Get stuck in

Prefer to jump straight into the community? Checkout the yellow "browse" tab over on the left hand side, here you'll find the entire community at your fingertips.

Try now

Join the party!

Had a peek around the community already? If so you'll no doubt want to join us, just hit register below and follow the instructions. Don't worry I'll still be here to help once you've registered.

Register now

NOT A NEW MEMBER! EX RADIO ACTIVE MAN NOW RADIOACTIVEMAN

27 REPLIES
Highlighted
RADIOACTIVEMAN1
Team Player

Unfortunately Las Pass (or I) messed up my passwords for TT Community  and my TT account.  I spent over 3 hours trying to sort this out plus 1 hour and 20 minutes with a TT agent on the phone ! No can do I was told! so I had to reregister under RADIOACTIVEMAN, lost all my credits  and score etc. It appears there is no way (unless anyone knows different?) I can reclaim my old RADIO ACTIVE MAN account. Ah well That's life.

EX RADIO ACTIVE MAN
Gondola
Community Star

Hi @RADIOACTIVEMAN

Have you tried password recovery? Community Password Recovery

Just enter the email address you originally used to register and so long as you still have access to that email address you should get password recovery.

I'm assuming that the username hasn't been rejected by the system because it's got spaces.  If that's the case then because the profile is still there it may be possible for an OCE to rename it with underscores instead of the spaces.  But try the password recovery first and let me know if that works or not.

Gondola - I'm a PlusTV customer * Security Hub - Stay Safe Online
RADIOACTIVEMAN1
Team Player

Thank you for your reply much appreciated, it was a TT man who spent 1hr 15 mins with me on the phone and he got nowhere, to be absolutely honest I don't think he was really clued up on the subject. If there as any hope of recovering back to original I would be delighted.

EX RADIO ACTIVE MAN
Gondola
Community Star

Have you tried password recovery Community Password Recovery (Click here)?

RADIOACTIVEMAN1
Team Player

Thanks for the comment, I looked at it again and I can not get in as Raio Active Man, it looks as if I try again now it will only change my password as RADIOACTIVEMAN ? Things are working OK now for my account and community, BUT it would be very nice if I could recover my old avatar and scores and emails. Surely it should be possible?

EX RADIO ACTIVE MAN
Gondola
Community Star

Hi

I'll ask an OCE to take a look at your RADIO ACTIVE MAN profile and add some underscores to that so it'll be RADIO_ACTIVE_MAN or indeed see if it's feasible to merge your two Community profiles into one.

What you'll need to do is ensure your current Community Profile Personal Information (Click here) includes your landline phone number and an alternate number (mobile recommended).  Then in Private Notes at the bottom of the page the Telephone number you have in the RADIO ACTIVE MAN profile and the email address you used to register that original profile. Add, then scroll down and save changes. The Community support OCE's (TalkTalk team) will then be able to link this profile to your original profile and verify you as the owner and see about re-activating that original profile for you.

RADIOACTIVEMAN1
Team Player
Many thanks will do now.
EX RADIO ACTIVE MAN
RADIOACTIVEMAN1
Team Player
Job done , help much appreciated.
EX RADIO ACTIVE MAN
Gondola
Community Star

@OCE_Karl

Has this topic missed the OCE Workflow?

Community Team

Hi RADIOACTIVEMAN,

I'm just look into this, I'll let you know when I have an update.

(Thanks Gondola :))

Chris

Community Team

OK, I've changed your new account to RADIOACTIVEMAN1 and changed your old account to RadioActiveMan. Can you please check that you can access your old account 

Chris

RADIOACTIVEMAN1
Team Player
Yes I can thanks, does that mean I will get my old scores etc. back
EX RADIO ACTIVE MAN
RADIOACTIVEMAN1
Team Player
I have had an email about 15 mins. ago saying"change your password" I followed the link on the email and tried to change the P/W 3 times! but will not let me. I am confused now, why do I have to change the P/W?
Thanks.
EX RADIO ACTIVE MAN
Community Team

Hi 

So you need to try to login using your old account now called  RadioActiveMan. all the scores and likes will still be there. 

if you can't log in follow the forgotten password link.

ALLEGRO
Participant

HI YA, NOW I AM ALLEGRO after 1hour and 25 minutes speaking to three departments including one in South Africa! supervisers managers agents? etc.etc. I have given up trying to retrieve my old community account AND I AM NOW  "fast and bright"  (look it up!)  at last after 5 days not being able to log into my old account I am back (not that that will please everybody!) so where was I? Oh and had to open a fresh email account!

ALLEGRO
Participant

I can NOT seem to regain my old account on here despite leiterally score of hours triyng, phone call lasting 1hr25minsto Sth Africa!.So in frustrating I have reregistered as ALLEGRO.

ALLEGRO
Participant
Believe it or not, I AM back in (I HOPE!) I will try and send this, until then I will hold my breath!
ALLEGRO
Participant
ALL is well, I dare not try to revert to my original or dare I?, so I am a NEWBIE, WHO KNOWS one day my 3 year old RADIOACTIVEMAN will resurrect I am NOT holding my breath though!
http404
Wizz Kid

ALLEGRO wrote:

AND I AM NOW  "fast and bright"  (look it up!) 

British Leyland, well Austin at least, used to produce a car call the Allegro. Internally at Longbridge it was known as the Austin All Aggro (with very good reason).

Chippy_Tea_
Wizz Kid

Instead of choosing an unrelated name why didnt you go for RADIOACTIVE_MAN underscores are allowed gaps are not.