cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Network Connector or Powerline Adaptor?

2 REPLIES 2
First Timer

Hi, Can anyone explain to me what the difference is between a network connector and a powerline adaptor?     I think i currently have network connectors, but they are quite old and the connection keeps dropping and then i struggle to reconnect it so think there might be a fault... but i am not sure if i should order new connectors or a powerline adaptor instead?  But i can't tell what the difference is! Thanks

Community Star

A Network Connector is TalkTalk terminology to describe a Powerline Adapter an Ethernet port that is extended over the electrical mains to another network connector or Wi-Fi Extender. The term Powerline Adapter basically identifies any device that provides IP connectivity over the electrical mains.

Are these TalkTalk PLAs that you have or are they 3rd party ones?

Keith
I am not employed by TalkTalk, I'm just a customer. If my post has fixed the issue, please mark it as the Best Answer.
OCE's and Community Stars - Who are they? 

Community Team - TT Staff

Hi,

Can you please update your community profile to include your:

• Name
  • Telephone number
  • Alternative contact number

We'll then look into this further. Please do not post this information on this thread. Once you've updated your profile please post in your topic to confirm it's updated. 

Thanks

Ranadheer.