Showing results for 
would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Never went live

15 REPLIES 15
Highlighted
Repeat Guest

Hi I'm desperate for help to get online please!

I've been with talktalk for a while at my previous property and had no problems. Have moved house and decided to take talktalk with me. Was given a go live date in the new property of 10th March, but it never went live. Simply a flashing amber light on the talktalk router.

I've spoken to tech team for hours and they've run many tests. I've had 2 engineer visits, one of which came inside. I've raised a complaint but it's been days and no response.

First openreach engineer came and ran external checks and said fault was external. He said he was unable to see router connected when checking from outside. Came inside the property and although he said there was a dialtone, neither our router or his device was able to authenticate. He simply fitted a new pre filtered front plate on the master socket and escalated the case as it must be outside.

Spoke to talktalk tech team again and they said the second engineer simply came and ran external checks and said it must be inside, even though his colleague said it wasn't.

Tech team insisted on sending a new router which is all plugged in and once again flashing amber.

I feel like I'm getting nowhere with this and am desperate for wifi to work from home! Have been on the phone to talktalk about 10 times for hours in total and am getting told different things each time. Incredibly frustrating.

Any help appreciated!

Highlighted
Community Star

Hi @fbc1990 

I have asked one of TalkTalk's OCEs to pick your thread up and investigate it for you.

The forum is not real-time 24/7 support, so depending on how busy they are & how many are working at any one time, this can take 24 - 48 hrs (excluding weekends & limited cover on Bank Holidays). Alternatively, you can call the call centre or use online chat. The posts are responded to in time/date order, oldest first. So the fewer entries you make on your thread now, the sooner they will pick it up.

To save yourself time, please make sure that your community profile includes your first & last names, broadband phone number & if possible an alternative contact number. This can be done by clicking on your Avatar picture then click on "My Settings" followed by:-

Personal Profile > Personal Information

Otherwise, TalkTalk will not be able to tie up your forum username to your broadband account. Only you & TalkTalk have visibility of your details.

Keith
I am not employed by TalkTalk, I'm just a customer. If my post has fixed the issue, please mark it as the Best Answer.
OCE's and Community Stars - Who are they? 

Highlighted
Repeat Guest

Thanks @KeithFrench.

My details are in my profile. I look forward to a response from an OCE.

Highlighted
Repeat Guest

Update.

I spoke to a manager at tech team who advised an openreach fault is now open (again) and that work at the exchange is needed. Hopefully I'm contacted in the next few days and it gets sorted this time.

Highlighted
Community Team

Hi fbc1990

Apologies for the delay.

I have checked for an update and this fault is still with Openreach (further work is required)

I will check back on this fault on Monday morning and post further updates on this thread.

Thanks

Debbie

Highlighted
Repeat Guest

Thanks @OCE_Debbie. Any update on this please? 

Highlighted
Community Team

Hi fbc1990

I have contacted Openreach for an update on this fault and there are no further updates at the moment.

I will check this again this afternoon and post back here.

Thanks

Debbie

Highlighted
Community Team

Hi fbc1990

I have spoken with Openreach again and there are no further updates at present.

I will continue to chase for further updates tomorrow, apologies for this.

Thanks

Debbie

Highlighted
Repeat Guest

OK thanks for checking. Please do keep me posted. I really hope they sort it on this visit. Its frustrating because we've had at least 2 openreach visits already. 

Highlighted
Community Team

Hi fbc1990

I'm really sorry but I'm struggling to get updates from Openreach at the moment (due to current situation)

I have escalated this again and I will post back as soon as I receive further information. Apologies for this.

Thanks

Debbie

Highlighted
Repeat Guest

Thanks @OCE_Debbie. I understand that things are difficult at the moment. I hope they can sort it soon. Isolating without WiFi is not ideal!

Hopefully now you've escalated again it will help. 

Highlighted
Community Team

Hi fbc1990

Our Network Team are contacting Openreach again now for updates. I will let you know as soon as they get back to me.

Thanks

Debbie

Highlighted
Community Team

Hi fbc1990

Just to let you know I'm still pushing for updates from Openreach and I will post back as soon as I get some further information.

Thanks

Debbie

Highlighted
Community Team

Hi fbc1990 

Apologies for the delay.

As we have not received any further updates from Openreach I will raise a complaint so this can be discussed with a Complaints Manager. Would you like me to arrange this?

Thanks

Debbie

Highlighted
Repeat Guest

Hi @OCE_Debbie

I've just received a text saying my services should be up and running. Reset router again and fault exists - no change. This is getting ridiculous now. I've already complained once but the reply was just an apology.

Considering I've already complained once and this issue is beyond unacceptable. Please raise a complaint with the CEOs office. This needs resolving ASAP. 

Thanks 

Highlighted
Community Team

Hi fbc1990

Apologies for this.

I have now escalated this over to our CEO's Office and a Complaints Manager will contact you as soon as possible.

Thanks

Debbie