Show  only  | would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

New Fibre 65 Contract but no Award Winning TalkTalk Wi-Fi Hub

8 REPLIES 8
Sightseer

Hello,

I have been a long time Talk Talk customer. My contract ran out January 2020

Tonight I called to take advantage of the Black Friday deal for Fibre 65. I was switched over to the new plan as described. Thank you

However, the call handler could not add the Award Winning TalkTalk Wi-Fi Hub.

The deal clearly indicates "The award-winning TalkTalk Wi-Fi Hub is included with all Fibre 65 plans and is limited to one per household" which is further described here: https://www.talktalk.co.uk/shop/wifiHub?mml=Fibre_Broadband%7CWi-Fi_Hub%7C6

This being the the Sagecom Fast 5364 Wi-Fi Hub

I agreed to proceed with the upgrade over the phone and contact support directly (through this forum). Please could Customer Services take a look at this? Thank you

Community Star

Hi @simonpt777,

For one of the TalkTalk staff on this community to be able to look into this you will need to update your community profile to include your name, landline telephone number that your TalkTalk service is provided on & an alternative contact number. This will allow them to identify you, and they will then be able to help.

Don't post any personal details in this thread, just add them to your community profile.

Then they will hopefully be able to respond to this post within a working day or two.

Sightseer

Thank you

I have done just that

Sightseer

Hi, could I ask how long it took from you agreeing to the contract to being 'switched on' as I was convinced to sign up last Monday with the kit arriving today but told it won't be switched on until Monday 30th which is not acceptable.  So just interested to know how long it too - and sorry that you are having issues too ... it's a bit shambolic

Sightseer

Hi,

My service start date was 16/11 having concluded the phone call that day

I did not need an engineer to visit and was informed by email the new service had started

However, the speed hasn't changed yet - still getting around 30Mps

My complaint, above is that I didn't get the advertised Award Winning TalkTalk Wi-Fi Hub

However, now you mention a delay in 'switching on' I will keep an eye on the bill. Thank you

#update# the Service Status at TalkTalk is showing my new service as enabled

FWIW I have been out of contract since January 2020 but had remained with TalkTalk through the period - and for the last 15+ years

Community Team - TT Staff

Hi simonpt777

Apologies for the delay.

I have ordered the router for you, please allow 24-48hrs for this to arrive.

Let us know how the connection compares with this router.

Thanks

Debbie

Sightseer

Thats awesome. Thankyou. Greatly appreciated 

First Timer

I have also recently upgraded to Fibre 65 as a long time TalkTalk customer. I pointed out to 2 different agents during the live chat set up process that the wording states that all Fibre 65 accounts are entitled to the wi-fi hub. I was told by the first agent that I wasn't entitled to the wi-fi hub because I am an existing customer. The 2nd agent said that he had already put my Fibre 65 order through so I would have to come back the next day and ask for a separate order for the wi-fi hub.

I went through live chat the next day and was again told that as an existing customer I wasn't entitled to a wi-fi hub, despite the wording in the website saying that all Fibre 65 customers are entitled to the wi-fi hub and nobody being able to find wording excluding existing customers. I was told something along the lines of they understood where I was coming from but that the system will recognise when I need a new router. 

Community Team - TT Staff

HI simonpt777

How are you getting on, have you received the new router?

@Wrighty1234 - Please can you create a new topic on the Community, we can then look into this for you.

Thanks

Debbie