Showing results for 
Show  only  | would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

New Fibre 65 contract

4 REPLIES 4
milly_50
Team Player

I have just signed up with an 18 month Fibre 65 deal since my old contract was coming to an end.

I was promised that it should have gone live yesterday, but there is no change in speed when I run tests. Please could someone look into this matter for me.

In addition, when I signed up I made sure that my phone bundle remained the same- I have a print out that states that my unlimited uk calls would be £7 for the length of the 18 month contract. However, I have just looked at the phone boost page on my account and £14 is shown. I signed up for a deal for £31 and I don’t want to pay more.

Hopefully someone can sort this discrepancy out for me and check why my broadband has not been enabled.

Thanks,

Milly.

Ann_Droid
Enlightened One

Hi

A 30 minute dis-connect and then re-connect can start a new session and potentially solve the speed issue.

The cost?

Some, hopefully relevant, contact details....
https://community.talktalk.co.uk/t5/Articles/Our-update-on-Coronavirus/ta-p/2468300

If you’re an existing TalkTalk customer, and you’d like to speak to someone about your account and billing, moving house, to get some technical support, or make a complaint,
call TalkTalk on 0345 172 0088 – it’s free if you call from a TalkTalk landline,
or alternatively 0345 172 0046 – it’s free if you call from a TalkTalk landline.

I know nothing about BroadBand, but that does not stop me trying, and I am trying.
OCE_Debbie
Community Team - TT Staff

Hi Milly

Apologies for the delay.

Have you powered down the router for a full 30 minutes and then run a speed test?

Thanks

Debbie

milly_50
Team Player

Hi Debbie,

yes, I did turn the router off for 30 mins as suggested and it made no difference. I kept testing the speed and on Sunday morning it increased from 34mbps to 62mbps, so I can presume someone obviously boosted my signal.

My unlimited calls boost is still showing a price of £14 instead of £7 on the website- do you think I should ring as suggested, or start a new thread on the phone side of things?

Thanks for getting back to me...

OCE_Debbie
Community Team - TT Staff

Hi milly_50

Thanks for your reply. I'm glad to hear that the speed has now increased to 62mb.

In regards to the calls boost, if you create a thread in the Your Account and Billing section then OCE_Arne can look into this for you.

Thanks

Debbie