Show  only  | would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

New Fibre 65 running very slow

2 REPLIES 2
tonybhoy82
First Timer

Hi,

I recently moved home and organised a home move with my talk talk fibre package. I was previously receiving speeds of up to 60-70mbps.

My fibre went live in my new home today as arranged, it was just a simple case of plug and play with my existing hardware and there was already a BT openreach socket in the new property.

I've been running speed tests and changing configuration all day, unfortunately max speed I'm getting is 18mbps when the guaranteed speeds was a minimum of 56mpbs.

I have also tried pretty much everything suggested in FAQs (reset router, change wireless channels, remove all WiFi devices) but still the same results.

Tried calling talk talk and also the chat function but to no avail.

Any help would be greatly appreciated

Gliwmaeden2
Community Star

@tonybhoy82, hours of availability and the link to Chat are here:

https://community.talktalk.co.uk/t5/Articles/Our-update-on-Coronavirus/ta-p/2468300

The phone lines also reopen at 9am:

03451 720046 or 03451 720088

Staff will reply during the week to your thread, but this could be in a few days' time. 

Please complete your community forum profile details for them to identify your account. Add your Talktalk landline number by going via your avatar/name; settings; Profile Wizard. 

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.
OCE_Michelle
Community Team - TT Staff

Hi tony,

I'm sorry for the delay. The line test is detecting a possible voice fault. Just to confirm, are you experiencing any issues with the voice service such as noise on the line or no dial tone?

Thanks