cancel
Showing results for 
would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

New Fibre Connection Speed

Community Team

I'm sorry for any confusion about the speed. The predicted range and guaranteed minimum always refer to "access line speed" (sync speed) as throughput speeds can't really be guaranteed as there are too many variables especially over a wifi connection

I can send a HG633 if you want to exchange it for the wifi hub but I think it's unlikely to give you faster speeds than the wifi hub  and wifi performance probably won't be quite as good

Chris

I've just plugged my wifi hub back in as its better than the wifi hub I was sent for testing. I will return the hub that you sent me for testing this afternoon in the pre-paid envelope.

The only reason I have asked to try out the HG633 is because some people have reported that it was much better for their fibre connection than the newer wifi hub was. It doesn't matter what I use as long as the connection is the best I can get as I rarely use wifi anyway and almost all the time I'm on a wired connection.

If you can send me the HG633 and its better then I can send the original wifi hub back. If its worse then I can send the HG633 back.

Community Team

OK, i've ordered a 633, should be with you within a couple of days but please allow up to 5 working days for delivery

Thanks
Chris

Thank you Chris.

I've just wrapped the router you sent me for testing and I'll stop off at the post office this afternoon while I'm out.

Community Team

Hi,

Ok thanks for the update and please let us know how the connection compares 🙂

Thanks

The new router for testing was about the same but the sync was slightly lower so I'm sending it back and will keep my original wifi hub.

I'm going to write a complaint to OFCOM and Talk Talk. The speed itself is only dissapointing since Talk Talk say that the average is 63mbps. However I was promised 49mbps, but then that was a sync speed and I had no idea and never heard of sync speed and the throughput speed promised was 44mbps.

I would have not gone for 44mbps nor at any time was the 44mbps ever mentioned to me.

Talk Talk is being deceptive giving out promised speeds which are sync speeds but not making sure the customer understands this. At no point was I told that my real world speed could be less than 49mbps.

So I will complain about this and continue to monitor the actual speeds which are not too bad but it would be bad for certain services I use if they dropped further.

Community Team

Hi,

I'm sorry to hear this. Would you like us to raise a complaint for you? You would then be contacted by our Complaints Team to discuss this further.

Thanks

Why is my bill £31.12? My fibre package is £25 a month and I haven't even been on fibre for a month. Surely if I haven't been on fibre for a month it should be less than £25 pounds?

Community Team

Hi @The Scarlet Pimpernel

I will look into this for you and get back to you. 

Regards

Community Team

Hi The Scarlet Pimpernel

The extra £6.12 on this bill is the pro rata charge for fast broadband plan that you had before your switch to Fibre,and also the added fibre speed boost. 

Moving forward your bill will be the agreed £25. (unless you make some chargeable landline calls) 

Regards