Showing results for 
would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

New G.INP trial on ECI cabinets by BTOR requires ISP to opt in

21 REPLIES 21
Highlighted
Super Duper Contributor

Can someone please find out if/when TT will opt in to the trial of G.INP on ECI cabinets?

I live in Thanet and more or less the whole Thanet area has ECI cabinets and so users in this area will be hoping that TT does indeed opt in. Some years ago when G.INP was first enabled many of us had it working flawlessly and we were upset when BTOR removed it.

Stuart

Highlighted
Community Star

Where have you got this from? The only information I have seen suggests that it is simply an internal Openreach trial.

Highlighted
Super Duper Contributor

Search the Kitz forum.

Stuart

Highlighted
Community Star

No thanks.

Highlighted
Chat Champion

Opt-in may be a statement that is slightly open to interpretation.

My understanding is the BTOR will be asking ISPs to "volunteer" circuits on the "test" cabinets. So specific cabinet level testing rather than the "global" testing they did the last time they tried to introduce this feature, so a very much more cautious approach.

But all very much wait and see time.

Highlighted
Super Duper Contributor

Well I for one would be very happy for my circuit to be included, when it was live last time my line ran superbly at 70+mbps and was very unhappy to see it removed from everyone. Been interleaved for years now with no valid explanation from either TT or BTOR. I'd love to check it out this time to  make sure they've not fouled it up (quite possible).

Stuart

Highlighted
Community Star

I am sure the OCE will offer any information they have on this project, or not as the case may be, when they pick up on this topic.

Highlighted
Insightful One

Remarkable how posts just disappear 😱

Highlighted
Community Star

@davey wrote:

Remarkable how posts just disappear 😱

Not remarkable at all. Read the community guidelines. Any off-topic trolling and/or personal remarks will continue to be removed.

Highlighted
Super Duper Contributor

For clarity I am adding back a link to the ISPReview article which explains how this became public knowledge, although I originally read about on the Kitz forum.

https://www.ispreview.co.uk/index.php/2020/02/openreach-uk-trial-finally-brings-g-inp-to-eci-fttc-br... 

Stuart

Highlighted
Community Star

Thanks, it would have been helpful had you done so in the first place.

Like I said, the OCE will clarify TalkTalk's position when they are back online tomorrow.

Highlighted
Insightful One

@broadstairsthank you sir....

@ferguson the link disappeared along with my post...😛

Highlighted
Community Star

@davey Your post was not a support topic. This one has asked a question of TalkTalk. All I said is it would have been helpful had the OP posted a link in the first place. Can we leave it now for an OCE response please?

Highlighted
Super Duper Contributor

By the time I found the ISPReview article someone else had added it which subsequently got removed which is why I put it back!

Stuart

Highlighted
Community Star

It was not removed, simply moved.

Highlighted
Insightful One

Not true, you removed my post...

Highlighted
Community Star
Highlighted
Insightful One

I submitted that topic 3 days ago it has nothing to do with today's discussion. You removed my posts today because you deemed it offensive which I guess is your prerogative as a community mod however, my concern is not that my post was removed but that you seem unable to differentiate between topics submitted 3 days ago and posts done 3 hours ago? I would appreciate your thoughts….

Highlighted
Community Star

I did misunderstand the OP's post about what was removed, my bad.

Highlighted
Community Team

Hi Stuart,

Thanks for you PM. Apologies for the delay, I'm sorry but at the moment we have no information about the G.IMP trial but if we do receive any information we'll let you know

Chris