would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

New Hub, a couple of non urgent questions

10 REPLIES 10
Lazy Musician
Chatterbox

Hi,

I received today the new Wifi Hub, all plugged in and working OK thank you.

Couple of questions:

- I had problems with a couple of devices on my HG633 router that I fixed by giving them static IP addresses above 192.168.1.100 and limiting the IP4 pool to under that setting. On the new hub I try to set the top of the pool to 192.168.1.99 and it says 'Invalid IP address'. Weirdly it also says this for the the pool start value which I have not changed. I wasn't sure if I needed to do this anyway but since I got everything working that way I'm trying to replicate it on the new router.

- None of my wireless devices have connected to the 5GHz band, I guess they have all decided they are getting good enough throughput?

Thanks for any input, cheers

Lazy Musician
Chatterbox
Meant to say, firmware is SG4K10001400t
ferguson
Community Star

I know it's a new router, but try a pinhole reset. That will force it to communicate with the TalkTalk update servers and you should get the latest firmware. See if that helps.

Lazy Musician
Chatterbox
OK thanks I'll try that.
Lazy Musician
Chatterbox

OK I have reset the router.

The firmware is still SG4K10001400t.

I can now apparently edit the IP4 pool range, but when I did it tells me that the router address of 192.168.1.1 is invalid and won't let me save. I haven't changed that.

Also all of my friendly names seems to have disappeared.

It's all a bit random! Makes me nervous about the service.

ferguson
Community Star

OK, if you leave the router on it should update automatically over the next 24 hours, the software version you are looking for is SG4K10002600t. Keep us posted, the support team can force it to you if necessary. Nothing to be nervous about, help is at hand.  🙂

Community Team

Hi Lazy Musician,

I've checked and I can see that router now has the latest version of firmware. Please let us know how the connection compares.

Thanks

Lazy Musician
Chatterbox
Thank you, I’m away from home at the moment, I’ll look at it in a couple of days.

My line was due to be upgraded to fibre yesterday so things will change anyway. In the event I got an email yesterday morning from talktalk saying there was a problem and they would get back to me so I assume the upgrade hasn’t gone ahead as planned.

Cheers
Community Team

Hi

Ok, let us know if you require our assistance again and we will be here for you.

Regards,

Karl. 

Lazy Musician
Chatterbox

Just to say I've now checked the router and as you say it's now been upgraded to latest firmware.

Fibre upgrade finally happened yesterday, all is working. Speed isn't quite what I was expecting (about 22Mbps) but a lot better than I when I was on copper (averaged around 8Mbps). I understand it can take a couple of weeks to settle down so I'll keep an eye on it and start a new thread if I have get any issues.

cheers

Community Team