Showing results for 
would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

New Router - Same old problem

14 REPLIES 14
steve4574
Team Player

Have left the router on ever since it was replaced, yet even still the same problem of Connection drop-outs & intermittent speeds which results into inaccurate stability.

Why is this I was promised this new router would fix this problem and asked to leave the router on while the line stabilizes but this after three weeks has not been the case nor has it been corrected not corrected itself

Steve Devey
KeithFrench
Community Star

Please can you elaborate by answering these few questions:-

1. What make/model of router do you have (if this is a TalkTalk router, these details will be on a label on the rear or underside of it) and what firmware version is it running?
2. What is the exact status of the lights on the front of the router when this happens?
3. If you have any wired connections, are they affected in the same way as wireless ones?

Keith
I am not employed by TalkTalk, I'm just a customer. If my post has fixed the issue, please mark it as the Best Answer.
OCE's and Community Stars - Who are they? 

Community Team

Hi steve4574

I'm really sorry to hear this.

I've completed a line test which hasn't detected any faults but I can see around 2 re connections on the line each day. Do you reboot the router when you experience this issue?

Thanks

Debbie

steve4574
Team Player
Yes when my PC or TV Box states there's a loss of connection, The TV box especially suggests to turn it off & back on after 10-20 mins but I don't reset it unless my PC display's it during Troubleshooting connection
Steve Devey
Community Team

Hi steve,

Thanks for confirming this. Did you notice if the colour of the light changed on the router before you rebooted the router?

Thanks

steve4574
Team Player
Sagem Router solid White light for Connected and flashing amber for connecting but non for drop outs or non connections it just shows Solid White whether there is a connection or a drop out. Or to explain it easier for me, I was watching a Subscribed Channel and when the connection dropped off the message appeared on the TV Box but the Router light stayed White
Steve Devey
Community Team

Hi steve,

Thanks for letting me know. Is the PC connected wired? Are you using any powerline adapters to connect the TalkTalk TV box?

Thanks

steve4574
Team Player
Ethernet for all (Cable) both Box as it is incapable of WIFI and Windows 10 Desktop all updated
Steve Devey
Community Team

Hi steve,

Thanks. When you replaced the router did you also replace the cables and microfilter? Does the master socket have a test socket? Is the voice service also ok with no noise on the line?

As soon as we've confirmed this then we can pass the intermittent connection over to our Network Team for further investigation.

Thanks

steve4574
Team Player
Cables came with the Sagem Hub Router and No Microfilet is used as it's a Twin filtered nec5 socket Voice-Landline is perfect
Steve Devey
steve4574
Team Player
Filter Not French Filet
Steve Devey
steve4574
Team Player
Also it was (Router supplied by Talk Talk)
Steve Devey
Community Team

Hi steve,

Could I just confirm, does your master socket have a test socket? If it doesn't then can you also confirm if the router is connected to master socket and if you have any extension sockets?

Thanks

steve4574
Team Player
Yes it has according to Open Reach who installed the Twin Socket and no extension sockets or cables
Steve Devey
Community Team

Hi steve,

Would it be possible to test the router at the test socket for 24hrs to see how the stability compares?

Thanks