would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

New Router

9 REPLIES 9
tsmiggy
Conversation Starter

Hi.

I have just extended my contract for a further 18 months, as a existing customer. Should i have been offered the new router, i have just had a leaflet through my door and it makes reference to a 18 month contract and includes the new router.

Thanks

KeithFrench
Community Star

I have asked one of TalkTalk's OCEs to pick your thread up and confirm the situation with the new router for renewing the contract. 

The forum is not real-time 24/7 support, so depending on how busy they are & how many are working at any one time, this can take 24 - 48 hrs (excluding weekends & limited cover on Bank Holidays). Alternatively, you can call the call centre or use online chat. The posts are responded to in time/date order, oldest first. So the fewer entries you make on your thread now, the sooner they will pick it up.

To save yourself time, please make sure that your community profile includes your first & last names, broadband phone number & if possible an alternative contact number. This can be done by clicking on your Avatar picture then click on "My Settings" followed by:-

Personal Profile > Personal Information

Otherwise, TalkTalk will not be able to tie up your forum username to your broadband account. Only you & TalkTalk have visibility of your details.

Keith
I am not employed by TalkTalk, I'm just a customer. If my post has fixed the issue, please mark it as the Best Answer.
OCE's and Community Stars - Who are they? 

Community Team

Hi

This can depend on how you renewed the contract,  There are online offers via email to some customers that can offer this and some channels that do not.

Thanks

Karl. 

simon73
First Timer

The new Wi-fi hubs are only for new customers to Talktalk. I renewed my contract earlier in the year and was told that i could not get the new Hub, despite having problems with my new wi-fi speeds and after getting two new old style routers !? I argued that this was not fair to loyal existing customers such as myself and that their new super Hub may solve the issue,but they did not care. They were only interested in trying to sell me one for £120 ! Not impressed !!!

Community Team

Hi @tsmiggy

As you renewed the Wifi Hub is available but it is chargeable (£30). 

@simon73 Have you logged a fault with us for your Speed issues?  

tsmiggy
Conversation Starter

Good Morning.

Thank you for your response. My present router seems fine, but being i had a leaflet offering a new router to new customers, it prompted me ask the question.

Thanks 

Tony

Community Team

Hi Tony

Thanks for your reply.

If you contact our Customer Service Team then they can discuss sending a Wifi Hub.

Thanks

Debbie

tsmiggy
Conversation Starter

Thank you for getting back to me, like i previously pointed out my present router is ok, but it appears the newer one is better. Whilst it would be nice to upgrade, i cannot warrant spending £30 to do so, when a new customer would get it anyway. Maybe i should of asked before i renewed my contract for a further 18 months. 

Thank you 

Tony

simon73
First Timer

Yes i did complain about the wi-fi speeds. They just said if i was not prepared  to pay £120 for the new Hub, they would send me another Huawei HG633 router.This did not improve the speeds up to what i was surposed to be getting with my fibre speed boost. So engineer came out to check the line and equipment and he told me i would never get those promised speeds. So i ended upp cancelling my speed boost and making do with the older style router and slower speeds.

Still find it unbelievable that new customers can get the latest and best router while existing customers have to pay for it even though we could be on the same monthly tarifff !!?? I've been with Talktalk for 15 years now. 

ferguson
Community Star

@simon73 I am not sure what you man by "promised" speeds, but nothing can be guaranteed on a wireless connection which is subject to too many possible variables. If you would like this looked into further then I suggest you start your own topic.