Did you mean: 
Need help?

New WiFi Hub and connection speed

4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
martinharris
Conversation Starter

Good morning all,

Can someone advise how I can update my new Wifi Hub to the latest firmware? 

Also, my hub shows a maximum rate of 79284 Kbps and an actual rate of 68767 Kbps.  Is there a way to get the actual rate up to the maximum?

Thanks

Martin

Divsec
Community Star

Hi Martin, your post has been flagged for assistance and you should hear during the day, in the meantime please check your community profile and add your landline phone number if necessary.

There is always a drop between maximum and actual, in my case 75000 max and 69000 actual. Line quality, etc. etc. 69000 does all I need, is within spec and rock solid.

Regards Divsec, I don't work here, know little, and have too many opinions.
Community Team

Hi Martin, do you have your router connected to the test socket? There's interference on the line test and it's not conclusive as to where. 

martinharris
Conversation Starter

Hi,

The current 68Mbps speed test is great, I was just curious as to why it doesn't automatically connect at full speed.

Router is into a prefiltered socket, as it always has been.  Please don't make any adjustments that will lower my speed lol

Community Team

Interference on the line will affect the systems decision on speed. If the speed were higher the likelihood is that the interference would cause problems. Often less is more when it comes to broadband.