Showing results for 
Show  only  | would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

New customer - activation date was yesterday and no internet

19 REPLIES 19
Highlighted
Popular Poster

My activation date was yesterday, I had the openreach engineer come twice as after my activation/now online email from talktalk I was still not connected. I am a new fibre customer. The engineer said that everything was set up fine on his end that his internet connection at the cabinet was good. Can it be that talktalk you have not updated to point my authentication to your fibre broadband server?

Highlighted
Community Team - TT Staff

Hi sapvdf

Can you please update your community profile to include your:

• Name
  • Telephone number
  • Alternative contact number

We'll then look into this further. Please do not post this information on this thread Once you've updated your profile please post in your topic to confirm it's updated. 

Thanks

Debbie

Highlighted
Popular Poster

I have done no, so can co firm this is updated.

The openreach engineer called me again to explain that the situation lies with TalkTalk as all his tests came out fine. This is incredibly urgent as I work from home some days of the week and so this is affecting my ability to do my job.

Highlighted

Hi sapvdf

I have requested an update on this fault from our Network Team and I will post back on this thread as soon as I receive further information.

Thanks

Debbie

Highlighted
Popular Poster
Thanks!

I remember when moving to Gravesend that BT had issues with pointing the services in the main hub, could that be it?

Or did the openreach engineer install it to the wrong house?
Highlighted
Popular Poster
This is a matter of great urgency..I am not able to facetime my cousins in the Netherlands whose child is in the hospital in the evenings.....so please make this a matter of utmost priority for the team to figure out.
Highlighted

Hi sapvdf

I will post back on this thread shortly, I'm just awaiting further information from our Network Team.

Thanks

Debbie

Highlighted

Hi sapvdf

Our Network Team have advised that a further BT Openreach engineer visit has already been arranged. Did you arrange this visit with our Faults Team?

Everything is showing correctly set up on our side. Our Network Team have left specific notes for the engineer of checks to complete when they visit.

Thanks

Debbie

Highlighted
Popular Poster

I did indeed. How is this if the openreach engineer who visited myself said everything was set up fine on their end?

Hi sapvdf

Our Network Team have advised that another engineer visit is required and they have asked the engineer to check for specific things and run different tests on this visit.

Thanks

Debbie

Highlighted
Popular Poster
Ok, and they have been instructed not to leave until I have internet?
Highlighted

Hi sapvdf

The BT Openreach engineer has been arranged to locate and fix this fault.

Thanks

Debbie

Highlighted
Popular Poster
Hi there, I just logged into my account as I have not received a notification from openreach for the visit and it says:

"Your go live date:
Before you can go live you need to re-book your appointment.

Please call our team on 0345 172 0088 to re-book"

Has the openreach engineer not been booked for today?!
Highlighted

Hi sapvdf,

Have you heard anything from the engineer yet? Engineer is booked for today

Chris

Highlighted
Popular Poster
He is here now, working away so fingers crossed.
Highlighted
Highlighted
Popular Poster
I am now connected, will my bill reflect the fact that I was not connected/able to use my service for four days of the first month
Highlighted

Glad to hear you're now connected. (please also see About your auto compensation credit)

Chris

Highlighted
Popular Poster
Hi Chris, I did not have the credit applied - can you please check this.
Highlighted